Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dyno'd one of our customers F355's today and I was kind of dissapointed with the numbers. We're adding some of our exhaust manifolds to it so hopefully that will bring the power up as much as I am hoping for.

Anyways I know there are a few Ferrari enthusiasts on here and just thought I'd post the numbers up since it's very rare anyone dyno's a Ferrari.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MaliCali said:
omg..:lol:

i want to race one with a STOCK supra...:wtflol:
It'd be a very even race. They usually run low 13's with a good driver.

BTW this F355 had a Tubi Exhaust other then that it's bonestock.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Banned
794 Posts
What kind of a dyno did you do it on? Thats very high for a 355. Ive seen several dyno and they usually dyno approx 275-280rwhp. 360's dyno 320-325rwhp.

355 is a PIG. I had mine with exhaust, headers, bypass pipes, air boxes etc, and it lost to a stock Z06. Car is a POS inmo.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I don't know why you guys are knocking on a car they dynos stock higher than a stock supra.

Sam

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
allan said:
What kind of a dyno did you do it on? Thats very high for a 355. Ive seen several dyno and they usually dyno approx 275-280rwhp. 360's dyno 320-325rwhp.

355 is a PIG. I had mine with exhaust, headers, bypass pipes, air boxes etc, and it lost to a stock Z06. Car is a POS inmo.
Allan,

Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer

Forza,
Kevin

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
What does Forza mean?

·
Banned
794 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Allan,

Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer

Forza,
Kevin
In my experience the Dyno dynamics read higher than normal. On most any dyno they will make substantially less power.

But even with your dyno, you can still see how gutless the 355 is. 225Ft pds of torque is pathetic. When i first purchased mine, i thought i could get over the lack of performance. I decided to do a few mods to try and wake it up, and they did help alot, but not enough. To get that thing to move, you need to be at redline. I took mine to the track here on Maui, and my best run, was a [email protected], after the mods. Keep in mind, no power shifting, no burnouts in the water. The track is pretty slippery, lots of wheelspin, and the tires where pretty bald. I think on an optimum run it would go low 13's at 108-109. Thats it, after lots of mods. Even the cars looks started to dull afterwhile. Atfirst, it was a nice contrast to the Lambo, much more sedate, but for me sedate got boring. The looks almost become Fieroesque. The build quality was pitiful, it shook and rattled like crazy. Keep in mind my car was a pristine 1997 Spider. It was reliable though, never really had any problems.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AQuick6 said:
"Force"

Howdy, nonturbo, this is Forza1 from Fchat, nice to see you on here, reppin' the Scuderia!
Hey,

How's it going? btw my screename on there now is NAPerformance we also became sponsors. Thanks for the kind words and see you around.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Banned
794 Posts
Inmo, the 348 is a much better value than the 355. The steering feel on the 355 SUCKS. Both are slow, but the 348 feels more torquey around town, which makes it much more pleasant to drive. In the end, i feel you can excuse all the 348's shortcomings in a 40K car, but not so in a 355, which is a 70-90K car, depending on model. I really prefered my 348. Either way, wait till you experience the service intervals and costs on either of them. Makes lambo seem like a Toyota.

Ill Pm you on L-Power.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
348TB is actually my favorite ferrari out there besides the 550/575's.....360/430's are nice....but imo they just arent that classic ferrari look..

-mike

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
id stick to the 348 Kevin.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts