Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The build on my 94TT is keeping it interesting. It appears that whoever owned it 2 owners back did some head work (port & polish, Ferrea valves, Ferrea valve guides) but not all (stock original valve springs, retainers etc). Anyone know why someone would do the valve work, specifically the Ferrea valve guides, and not do the valve springs? Particularly when the car has miles on it (103K now), has the original springs and the car was at most BPU +. Also, are the Ferrea valve guides oversized and do they indeed wear rather quickly? The head guy said the valve guides were in there very tightly and was hesitant to knock them out before having properly sized replacements. Any help would be appreciated, the car just keeps killing me :)

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any experience with the Ferrea valve guides or at least aftermarket valve guides? I tried searching and it gave me a total of 7 hits, none of which had any real information on aftermarket valve guides. Is upgrading the valve guides rare and no one has any experience with it? Or do people not have any issues when putting aftermarket valve guides in? Either way let me know...thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts