Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i took out the auto tranny, there were 3 oil lines running to the tranny but the new tranny doesnt have places to screw em in.....do i cap these off or sumthing?

I dont have a pilot bearing, it wasnt supplied when i bought the tranny and stuff. Do i need to buy one? Am i supposed to put it in the flywheel? Because the flywheel fits on the car without the pilot bearing...

Is there anything else important i should check on before i put it in?

Much thanks for any help

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o yea...the pressure plate i got was kind of rusted. i sanded off the rust that contacts the clutch disc, but when i put it inside of the tranny and spin it, part of it rubs against the outside.......should i sand down the outside or will i need to buy a whole new one?

M

·
0 Posts
I did this swap last year,and YES you do need the pilot bearing you just press it into the back of the crank.

Thoughs oil lines go to your radiator.Just pull them off and let all the oil drain out,your 5spd does not have stock coolers.

It would not hurt to just go ahead and by a new stock cluch.AutoZone 147.00 and get your flywheel ground.

Jeff

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
When doing the conversion as in your case you should install a new clutch since you already have the tranny out. Auto trannys don't have the pilot bearing. If you buy a clutch kit it should come with the pilot bearing, throw out bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate (which is usually exchanged with a core) and (usually) an alignment tool. Also you should have the flywheel turned by any brake shop. You can even buy a redone flywheel and just give them yours as a core. I think it's about the same price as having it done by a brake shop (about $20-30).

Remember...the last thing you want to do is have to remove the tranny again to re-do the clutch if you burn it out too early by not doing it right in the first place.

Also as stated above, you don't need the oil lines anymore going to the radiator.

Good luck with the conversion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts