Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people wanted to see some pics of my setup, but I couldnt remember where they asked it or even who asked it, so I figured I'd jus start a new thread.

Lightly cut fenders, Tein CS coilovers, retarded looking VS rears. No rubbing. This is the "track" look. Stock fronts with super skinny tires and the Meats out back.

N/A wheels needed a lot of work. There are "ribs" on the inside of the wheels that needed to be grinded off, plus the calipers needed to be ground down a hair. It's so tight you can't fit a piece of paper between the wheel and caliper.

P.S. They are Hoosier Quicktime Pros. Grabbiest, stickiest, UBER hooking tire I've been on.

·
Toyota Powertrain Guru
618 Posts
Would you pop off a wheel and post pics of the grinding necessary please?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fronts are 235/55/17. For some reason they look like 225's or even 215's. They are pretty slender.

As for removing the wheels, I'll have to take those pics another time. I JUST put them on, and don't feel like taking them off until I'm done racing this weekend. But the grinding is pretty heavy. Took me about 2 hours total. There is quite some material to remove. Now these N/A wheels came off a 97, so pre-97's might be different.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
same rims/tires? Are the tires rubbing the actual strut? Or just the wheel well? If it's hitting the strut, check your camber.
If it's the wheel well, you'll have to trim the fender lip, inner plastics, or whatever else its rubbing. Only other option is to raise the ride height. I have to raise the rear of my car almost an inch so these puppies fit nice and snug.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
looks good. now wiat til you try out a 15" wheel and tire....lift off.............

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good. now wiat til you try out a 15" wheel and tire....lift off.............
That's where this is going I think. After these are spent it's N/A brakes and Bogart 15's. This is just a cheap(er) way to get going. I didn't like the E/T streets in 26x10.5x16, so I thought I'd try these....so far I LOVE THEM! 15's will be the shit.

Alex W.

·
Registered
798 Posts
OVRBST said:
same rims/tires? Are the tires rubbing the actual strut? Or just the wheel well? If it's hitting the strut, check your camber.
If it's the wheel well, you'll have to trim the fender lip, inner plastics, or whatever else its rubbing. Only other option is to raise the ride height. I have to raise the rear of my car almost an inch so these puppies fit nice and snug.
Their hitting the fenders, but I had them higher up and still had some rubbing issuses, I was wondering what are the recommended spring heights for the tiens..i cant find them anywhere. And also I was wondering if adjusting the spring height would help the rubbing by giving the tire less rebound...tell me if im making sense...

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
are you using any type of spacer? i have NA rims with pretty much the same size slick except it's 10" wide and i needed to use 3 spacers to clear the brakes. the spacers total out to be maybe 20mm on each side!

·
Registered
798 Posts
no i have Symbolics sl-15 19inch.... my rears are already rolled and before the tires had about 1 1/2 clearance and I would still get rubbing once in awhile, which didnt seem reasonable because of the large clearance...sorry i forgot to mention my setup...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looks tough as hell. I like it!

Staats

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No spacers needed at all. I had to grind the ribs off the inside of the wheels, and grind about 1/8" off the front top edge of the calipers. It's REAL tight. But they fit B-E-A-Utiful. I don't think I can run a spacer though. The clearance between my mild cut fender lip and the edge of the tire is already close, any further out and they would rub like crazy.

As for the 19's just cut more of the fender lip off, or get the right offset wheels. Sounds like yours are not right.

·
Banned
888 Posts
looks fat as hell.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
I might have missed it above, but what size are the rear tires as I can't quite read it in the pic? Have you been at the track to find out what 60' times you are getting out of them?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wrote it above, but the size is 28x11.5x16. Hoosier Quicktime Pro.

So far no real good 60's. Slipping clutch means no 2 step, and soft launches. It would pull very consistent high high 1.7's, low 1.8's.

Now I've got a new clutch, and street launching it with stockers on the 2 step set to 4400 (22+psi) bogs. I'm thinking 5K should launch well.

Alex W.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts