Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got it running 2 weeks ago and I am already about to sell it... A guy is supposed to be giving me $16K for it next week. We will see if he really can get the money..

·
Registered
495 Posts
nice work...specs on the engine sr20det, looks like u painted the engine bay too, looks good. clean swap :bigthumb:

did u get the swap done at full-race (looking at the license plate bracket)?

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Hah i love the self tapping screw into the A pillar.

real "kouki" or a 95 with a new front end? do you have smog in ol alabamy? And what's controlling it all? Stand alone or blow through?

As for the post above, I doubt he got it done at full race ... unless he paid it up the ass to get it shipped. Full Race is down the street in ol Arizona. Top mount mani in the car, possibly a full race manifold?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually no full-race parts, lol.. A friend bought a full-race turbo kit for his civic and didn't want the tag cover so I said I would take it. I did the motor swap myself with the help of a friend. And yes the engine bay was painted PPG dodge viper red, I was going to repaint the rest of the car the same color but I ran out of funds lol. The car is a true 97 and there are no emission laws in alabama :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on 20 PSI and pump it laid down 492hp/356tq on a mustang dyno.. I personally believe the numbers were a little off. It should be in the 430-450 range.. I have to add another walbro before i can turn the boost to 30 PSI.. I am selling this car and buying a 98 model SE chassis and doing a 2JZ swap w/ a 71GTS and maybe some spray.. I want something with more torque and a better power band. The engine is a S13 SR20DET w. eagle rods/JE pistons, hks 272 cams, greddy valve springs and RAS, cometic headgasket w/ ARP studs, ACT XP unsprung 6 puck. Just incase anyone was wondering the car weighed in at 2720..

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
That is one VERY clean car. Good job. Engine bay is nice and uncluttered!

·
2JZ S13
2,207 Posts
wow, that thing is gorgeous!

Well worth the money imo.

i know of some with less work then yours and a Zenki S14 selling for what this guy is giving you. he is getting a damn good deal!

if something falls through with that...lemme know!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, that thing is gorgeous!

Well worth the money imo.

i know of some with less work then yours and a Zenki S14 selling for what this guy is giving you. he is getting a damn good deal!

if something falls through with that...lemme know!
I will let you know.. as of right now he has not came up with the money.. So if it falls through I will let you know..

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
Damn! Those Silvia's are fast and fun. My buddy has a 95' with the S15 Black top and some goodies. GL on the sale and can't wait to see the 2JZ swap in the next one!

·
Turbology
434 Posts
on 20 PSI and pump it laid down 492hp/356tq on a mustang dyno.. I personally believe the numbers were a little off. It should be in the 430-450 range.. I have to add another walbro before i can turn the boost to 30 PSI.. I am selling this car and buying a 98 model SE chassis and doing a 2JZ swap w/ a 71GTS and maybe some spray.. I want something with more torque and a better power band. The engine is a S13 SR20DET w. eagle rods/JE pistons, hks 272 cams, greddy valve springs and RAS, cometic headgasket w/ ARP studs, ACT XP unsprung 6 puck. Just incase anyone was wondering the car weighed in at 2720..
Those are really good numbers, especially considering you are using an early SR20. How is the idle with those 272s, and at what rpm does the majority of the power become available?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is laggy.. with the 272's, head work and large intake plenum it doesn't hit 15 PSI untill 5,400 RPM and I shift at 8,200.. the turbo is a .82 GT35R.. the car does not have a/c. They make the brackets now where you can put the KA compressor on the SR block but I am done working on this car.. time for a new project. I am supposed to be running a friends yamaha 600cc sport bike so I am going to try and get that on video and post it for you guys..

·
Turbology
434 Posts
I'd be real tempted to get the Brian Crower stroker for that set-up...:D

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/nissan/sr20det.shtml

The BC stroker kit for the Nissan SR20DE(T) engine incorporates a 91mm stroke, steel billet crankshaft. Depending on bore size that you decide, the BC kit will take you up to a 2.35L with a safe 90mm bore. The SR20DE(T) kit utilizes premium steel billet connecting rods. As usual, each BC kit features custom CP pistons, wrist pins, full ring pack and buttons. Big time horsepower and torque gains.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts