Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Ok, I know I'm probably going to get a whole lot of heart burn for asking this question because it has probably been asked before but here it goes. I have 95 NA-T Supra, I went coil on plug with a JDM Aristo ECU set about 6 years ago. I decided to upgrade to a FFIM. I wanted to just go full GTE but my budget is just too tight right now. here my questions..
- The throttle body opens the opposite direction of my TPS, I bought the correct TPS that opens the same direction as the new TB, the ECU does not read it correctly, what are my options? do I rewire everything to get the ECU to read the TPS? Do I buy a the Q45 TB? or would I just need to buy a Standalone ECU?
If anyone can help me with this it would great.

Attachments

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,177 Posts
I ran into a similar issue one time and I depinned the TPS and switched the pins around. I don't remember off the top of my head which ones and I don't have the wiring schematic in front of me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran into a similar issue one time and I depinned the TPS and switched the pins around. I don't remember off the top of my head which ones and I don't have the wiring schematic in front of me.
Ok re pinning works? Because i did not want to try that for the fear of shorting something

·
From the land down under
3,720 Posts
I cant see how the ecu wouldnt recognise the TPS, unless as Patrick said, the wiring was incorrect.

The wiring diagrams are easy enough to find in the workshop manuals, so have a hunt for them online, and check out the wiring order.

Good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are those fans working for you? Sorry I know it's off topic but just curious.
No worries man, I did not get very much help from the other supra fellows any ways. the fans work find, it was actually the first MOD I ever did to my Supra. I have not had heating issues or anything. When I did the swap I also upgraded to the after market radiator. If you do this MOD make sure you place the fan controller on a spot that will away from the elements and away from eccesive heat, also make sure the wires are a good size (gauge). hope that helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you get on with the TPS wiring, Eddie?
i finally figured it out. All i had to do was swap the Vc and E2 wires ( the 5 volts wire and the ground ). I actually got it to crank over today. The throttle position sensor that im using is from a 2003 is300 but it does not read the full 5 voltage while full open throttle like the original. I may try a different TPS

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i finally figured it out. All i had to do was swap the Vc and E2 wires ( the 5 volts wire and the ground ). I actually got it to crank over today. The throttle position sensor that im using is from a 2003 is300 but it does not read the full 5 voltage while full open throttle like the original. I may try a different TPS
Correction to my last post. I had to rewire my throttle position sensor all the way, all terminals had to be relocated for the ECU to read the throttle position sensor. I hope anyone that ends up buying FFIM with a throttle that rotates the opposite direction as the TPS. This is based from 1995 Supra NAT. From the TPS: move E2 wire to the Vc wire position and the Vc wire to the E2 wire position. Move VTA wire to the IDL wire position and the IDL wire to the VTA position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts