Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any companies make a fiberglass hood for the mkiii?????

I need it in fiberglass because the hood mod i am going to do..

all the pieces are fiberglass as well...

YOu can contact me here or contact me at:

[email protected]

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
I have one that needs some work. It has a vent over the turbo and an inverted scoop towards the front. I can take some pics if you want.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey mello

yeh mello send me the pics of your hood...

are you willing to sell it......???

the inverted scoop is what i was going to do to my supra anyway... so get back at me as soon as possible ok??

And for the person that asked if i want fiber or carbon... fiberglass only....

·
Goderator
40 Posts
Do you get rain or anything in ya hood if you add vents?

I think it would be pretty sweet to have an "backwards" scoop at the front of the hood to totally rush air in the front, over the intercooler, and out the top.

Where is your scoop @ mello? and have you tried it out?

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
The scoop is right after the headlights end and is about as wide from headlight to headlight. The vent over the turbo is large and yes, raing gets in. It helps cool the turbo :). I am looking to sell it, only because it's a full pin on and I don't want that anymore. Supposedly there is a metal strip in between the layers to use the stock hinges, but I never drilled through and think the hood shocks are to strong for a f/g hood. I have to go pick it up on monday. It's at the garage that was suppossed to do the work. I hope they didn't throw it away...

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey mello i emailed u about the hood:) i'm interested if your selling it, jes wonderin how much for it:) hehe if u saw the condition of my current hood u would see why i really need a new one, its kinda sticking up in one corner with a dent in the raised portion in the middle and its got rust:*( i really need a hood bad.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hold on

NOw if i am correct, i think i started this subject up..... I would only think that its fair if i can get a fair shake at this possible sell first......:D

Mello, i am curious where yougot the fiberglass hood from in the beginning??? Did someone make a mold out of it or did you get it from a company....

If you do decide to sell it to someone else ( if you sell it) can you inform me of where you got your initial hood??

thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
carbon fiber hood

lol hehhehe sorry bout that bro:) i've been looking for an aftermarket hood for a couple months figure if i'm gonna buy a new hood might as well get something good:) I know there used to be a carbon fiber hood that was on www.supras.com but the link for it is gone now and thats what i'd love to get n e one knoe someone sellin it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hooods

I dont know i i want one that carbon fiber though (more expensive)

Fiberglass hoods, i can add the inverted vents and someother stuff..... but i am loooking all through the internet for them.... plus.... mello lives in connecticut , from what im told, so that woiuld be somewhat difficult to get the hood from there to here.....

anyways , if you find a contact on the hooods, let me know..

ALSO............. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE ON THE SITE OR A COMPANY THAT CAN GET THE REGULUS THREE PIECE WING, LET ME KNOW.... I CAN HAVE A GUY MAKE MOLDS FROM IT AND SELL THEM FOR HALF THE PRICE OR EVEN MORE................

HE MAKES THE MOLD IN LIKE A DAY.......

Contact me at: (AIM) D0ug0tb00st/ (YIM) D0ug0tb00st
(MSN Mess) DougotB00st

or : [email protected]

(that goes for anyone on this site as well)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THose ones on SOGI sucked... they were poorly made, my firend got one and it cand craked (not a small one) and they wouldnt do anything about it... he cant put it on till he fixs it so tis just sitting... wasnt there a group buy for these a few months ago... wonder what happened to it?

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
Mine is from the Supras.com site. It was a POS, but most everything is corrected. I wouldn't even recomend the place that did it, because out of the 15 or so people that got it, not one was happy. I'd like to get the CF one myself. What ever happened to that group buy?

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Well, i was coordinating the CF hood buy but didn't have enough interest at the time. Since then half the buyers that i did have dropped out because they had some repairs that need the cash more. If you still want the CF hood buy i can get it started again. Need 10 people, and there is a thread somewhere explaining the quality of the hoods. price was $525 plus shipping (half down). Email me at [email protected] ONLY IF YOU ARE DEFINETLY IN ON THE BUY. Had too much mail to sort through last time and way too many questions which i thought i had answered on the CF hood thread. Anyways, if the CF hood buy is too expensive and you guys would rather prefer a fiberglass hood buy let me know.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SUPRATRBO - what did the hood look like? does it look stock, just alot lighter? i looked for the older thread but i guess im a dumbass and missed it. Thanks
Andrew

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CarbonFiber hoods

Hey check this out guys...... If you want to get a hood similiar to mello yello's or maybe slightly different, you can go through Cwings...........

Just say you all decide ongetting the same design (instead of the stocklook) and it totals up to 8 hoods (like it originally was) you can get the hoods for around 450.....

I dont think all of them have to be the exact same desgin but with 8 hoods on order, there will be a nice drop in the price... and if you think about, for 4 to 500 bucks, you might aswell be one of the few with a custom CF hood....

just Food for Thought

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one more possibly stupid question on my part......can the hoods be painted? i know its dumb but i just wanna know cuz i would prolly wanna paint mine the same color as the hood.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Max- which hood buy? the one i am coordinating or the one DoYouGotBoost mentioned?

suprastyxx- all you have to do is sand the existing finish and then get it painted whatever color you want.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts