Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

At some point in time i plan to get arealy nice sound system. I want one of those fiberglass boxes to put in the hatch for speakers. Does anyone know somone who makes custom boxes, or anything? or knows how much it would cost to get one made?
let me know , thanks

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
Your local Audio Dealer (i.e. Car Toys, or etc...) can make you boxes and if not can suggest a local place to make you one, the price of it all depends on what you want to do.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
its not that hard you could do it yourself if u wanted to. But if not go to the car audio shop nearest you that everyone else seems to go to (they're probly good)

G

·
on average, the rate to do custom fiberglass is right around $40-$50/hr. it seems to be right around that amount all over the country. like Howie said, it's not all that hard. if you think you might want to tackle a project like this, let me know. and i'll post some really good tutorials on fiberglassing. just gotta find them first.:p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i might be interested in doing it myself, if it isnt terribly hard. i dont want it to look bad, or amateurishly done. so if i would be able to manage a professional job myself id like to take a crack at it. let me take a look at those tutorials :D

G

·
MkIVSylver said:
i dont want it to look bad, or amateurishly done.
well that depends on how you want to finish the enclosure. carpet is your friend, and will hide blemishes. but if you want to paint it, it needs to be prepped the same as painting a car. bondo, primer, all that good stuff. if you're not confident in painting it yourself, you could just build the enclosure, then take it to someone to have them prep and paint it. that way, you know you'd get a professional end result, and possibly even some kind of warranty on the paint. that's probably the best way to do it.

now back to the box builing-
LINK here's a good start. it explains the basics. pretty simple design, but it gives you a good idea on the start to finish process.
LINK another good link. explaining pretty much the same thing as the first link.
LINK read this. there's some good Q & A's about half way down.
LINK another really good read, especially for noobs.

ok that's all for now. any questions?:p
anyone else, feel free to add.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a few, i want to incorperate glass with hidden leds behind them, so it looks like blue glass. im still brainstorming, i think ill draw some sketches, i can scan them and stuff you guys would like to see what i come up with.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Actually my friend has one of those blue neon lights lined within his sub box. It gives off a blue lil light, kinda cool. Ill try and post a pic of his setup in his GS300 to give u an idea.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks, ive seen neon lights before though, and ive seen those realy bright leds and the leds seem to look better. ill wait to see your pic though

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
mmm, nothing like the smell of a garage filled with curing resin first thing in the morning! :D

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts