Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of the shops make a fiberglass bottom for the Supra where I could build a wood box on top?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a "cranking" coaxial? Here's my set up..

Alpine IVA-C800 (with DVD, DVD Nav, Changer etc)
Xtant 2200ix (400W bridged mono into 4ohm) --> JL 12W7
Xtant 3300x (2x180 config) --> Dynaudio MKII 240 seperates (tweet and 7")
Xtant 2140c (2x75)--> ????

I'm going to have the 2140 on a switch so I can turn the rear fill on and off. Basically, the rear speakers will be on when I'm looking for volume. The Dyns don't like high volume, so I'd like something that will play loudly and not hassle me in repairs. I'm thinking a nicer MTX coaxial?

·
AZ Power & Sound
5 Posts
A great set of separates are the Diamond Audio HEX series... Ian from tempe has him in his supra. Id be happy to sell you a set either new or used as I have a set from my 98 camaro in my closet, but no cash for an amp. IF you can give them 75 watts or more of CLEAN power they are unbelievable! otherwise Polk has some pretty durable speakers... again not very efficient though. if you want the most volume you may have to go with a horn tweeter and a larger mid driver that can take some beating... best bet IMO is the diamonds... then again I had a PPI 4800 running them so power wasnt a problem for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts