Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i jus have a quick questions, is the Fidanza Flywheel compatible with my setup? I have a 1989 7MGTE with a w58 Tranny. Would the Fidanza Flywheel work with this, or would i require a R154 tranny. thanks a bunch.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Fidnazas suck. They along with Clutch Masters are the same Alum flywheel, and they are machined wrong. At leats the 5 that I got were. Not to mention I have talked with many people about this and they have had problems too. Try the Unorthodox ones instead. As for your question, yes the 7m fly wheel is the same for both as I recal.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
mdcmotorsports said:
Fidnazas suck. They along with Clutch Masters are the same Alum flywheel, and they are machined wrong. At leats the 5 that I got were. Not to mention I have talked with many people about this and they have had problems too. Try the Unorthodox ones instead. As for your question, yes the 7m fly wheel is the same for both as I recal.
7M-GTE and 7M-GE Fidanza are the same flywheel? I don't believe it.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Again I'm with DrJ on this one. It is ALL different. Depending on if you have a W58 or R154 is what determines your clutch or flywheel.

And it sounds like you have had some bad luck with fidanza. I have had mine in my car over a year and a half now and have no problems to speak of. It has held up to 500hp and tq at the flywheel and has also assisted w/ my 12.2 run just under a year ago now. Fidanza's are a good flywheel. RPS is much better, but you will also pay for it.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Well then the big answer is solved DrJ....
Clutch masters are Dumb asses. They told me... GET THIS.... the head machinest out there... told me that they were the same fly wheel! My bad for posting out my ass.

*EATS CROW*

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
i suppose i should interject on the fitment issue- the FW i got for my W58 (approx. 2 yrs ago) had the crank bolt pattern just SLIGHTLY off. a bit of dremel love and all was well. i spoke w/fidanza shortly after that and they said they had cleared the issue up.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Yeah, Fidanza still has some machining errors, but only sometimes. Prolly old stock, who knows.

The SPEC FW looks nice and is a good cost too, less than UX. SPEC makes the T and N/A units as well. Fank just gone one...did he use it at the meet?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Got the Fidanza for the W58 as well. No problems.
I was told by a guy in Miami (where i got my clutch) that the Fidanza boys occasionally put the ring gear on backwards. So I checked it before install, and all was well.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
dan, ok tahnks, is there anyway to tell what the flywheel is for. I have one but not 100% sure if its for the turbo or non. Is there any indication on the acual flywheel i can look for that one of you guys might know of?

Nevermind that site of the differences just ans. my question, thanks guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts