Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new engine wiring harness and i dont want to hack it up for the MAFT PRO install. I got 3 questions:

1) Where can i buy the VPC aka fields harness extension for the 89-92? I've noticed that MVP sells them but they only got 86-88 in their catalogue.

2) www.powerhouseracing.com also sells them, but they come "pre wired" for the MAP ECU. Im assuming that MAP ECU uses the same connections as the MAFT PRO, but can anyone confirm this?

3) I've heard that there will be some fitment issues with the extension harness (i.e the glovebox wont close). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
HKS USA is COMPLETELY out of stock and the harness for both series years are DISCONTINUED as of last year.

There is a guy in TX that has them in stock but is really a "mean" guy to talk to.
PM me for his email. He told me $150 for the harness. But said if you were not going to buy the VPC system with it he would be partial to sell you it seperate, but who am I to make that decision?

Believe me when I tell you this. He IS THE ONLY person in the states that still has them in stock. PERIOD.

I had to search and search for my pre-89 VPC harness, and actually the guy that I bought my FCON from had one laying around which was a 1 in a million chance.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you his email.

-Jonathan Mann

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
simann said:
HKS USA is COMPLETELY out of stock and the harness for both series years are DISCONTINUED as of last year.

There is a guy in TX that has them in stock but is really a "mean" guy to talk to.
PM me for his email. He told me $150 for the harness. But said if you were not going to buy the VPC system with it he would be partial to sell you it seperate, but who am I to make that decision?

Believe me when I tell you this. He IS THE ONLY person in the states that still has them in stock. PERIOD.

I had to search and search for my pre-89 VPC harness, and actually the guy that I bought my FCON from had one laying around which was a 1 in a million chance.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you his email.

-Jonathan Mann
Just emailed this dude! Doesn't have any now but will be making one for me. Total of 165.00 shipped can't be beat!! Super fast response and seems like a good person to deal with.

·
Registered
710 Posts
zz_denis said:
3) I've heard that there will be some fitment issues with the extension harness (i.e the glovebox wont close). Can anyone confirm this?
I don't know about other cars, but the shop that installed my VPC didn't use the harness I gave them. Kinda pissed me off since they misplaced it and couldn't find it when I asked for it back. Anyway, I took the glovebox off to check on some things and wasn't so pissed after that. It is *packed* back there. I don't think things would've fit with the harness.

It might fit with a harness with custom length wiring so you can bend/wrap around things. Problem is that you won't know how long the wiring should be until you get back there. The next best bet might be to back some pins out of the plugs and do the 'splice' that way instead of cutting the harness itself.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
MA-71 said:
Just emailed this dude! Doesn't have any now but will be making one for me. Total of 165.00 shipped can't be beat!! Super fast response and seems like a good person to deal with.

Well send us some pics when you get it.

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
highonoctane16 said:
These guys make one: http://www.autosportwiring.com/products.htm#Toyota

OR with a little ingenuity you can cut the male plugs off your old harness, find a spare ecu, remove the female plugs from it and solder the two together.

Just got mine in from them......top notch quality!!! OEM fit and finish! Simann was very impressed when I showed the harness to him.....

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Mk3_300 said:
Just got mine in from them......top notch quality!!! OEM fit and finish! Simann was very impressed when I showed the harness to him.....

Word Kris! The connectors were AMAZING!!! 10X better than the HKS pieces I might say! And for $138, its a STEAL! Too bad they do not make them for the PRE 89' cars. :(

I will see you tommorow, we will build your short throw shifter :)

-Jonathan

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Last time I inquired, they would consider a <'89 applications if a group buy is put together. So, go ahead and gather up the troops of interested parties :)

simann said:
Word Kris! The connectors were AMAZING!!! 10X better than the HKS pieces I might say! And for $138, its a STEAL! Too bad they do not make them for the PRE 89' cars. :(

I will see you tommorow, we will build your short throw shifter :)

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Well I am 100% in. For $140 its a STEAL. I already have the FCON/VPC field harness for my pre-89, but I would love to have ANOTHER field harness to splice the SAFC and FCD into

1 - 12 of 12 Posts