Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1990 White NA/Blue Interior
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

the new radiator came yesterday. I’ll finish flushing the motor today with the old radiator, then all new mishimoto hoses and radiator go in. I noticed the lower mounts were hard, so fresh rubber is on the way from the dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tein edfc controller looks good there. How much work was it to get that in place?
Super easy. I had to trim the top ledge flush and 1/16 of an inch from the left and right so that the tray lid would open freely.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today: New condenser, core, expansion valve, compressor, drier, and a line repair. After pulling vacuum and waiting 30 minutes, no leak! I’ll be charging the system tomorrow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's sweet, did you do all the A/C replacement work yourself? what was your parts source?
I did! Surprisingly, autozone has everything except hoses and the condenser. ( The condenser was my biggest concern, I may pickup a backup because I had to order directly from denso. ) The hoses they list are actually wrong, they have the correct length and bends, but the alignment pins are wrong. I had one bad line in the front of the car by the drier, so I cut the tube and added in about an 8 inch section of splice. The splice kit ran me about 80 bucks. Gauges for 70, pump for 90, refrigerant around 15$, once I recover the core charge, 345$ for compressor, drier, expansion valve, oil, and orings, 5$ for a retrofit kit, 70$ for the core, and 240$ shipped for the condenser. I also picked up a flush kit from autozone as a rental and a bottle of flush liquid, the bottle was 40$ and the kit was 70 but will be refunded.

So…955? Still cheaper than a shop and the entire system is new (minus the tubes).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where did you get the new windshield molding? I'm hunting for a full set, front and rear....

edit - Found ToyotaPartsDeal.com in a separate thread, and snagged everything I could!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get the new windshield molding? I'm hunting for a full set, front and rear....

edit - Found ToyotaPartsDeal.com in a separate thread, and snagged everything I could!
I hope that works for you, the last 5 parts I purchased turned out to not actually be available.

The rear set is available on eBay, minus the corners. The front upper is on eBay, and some dealers in Canada have the sides, but no corners

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope that works for you, the last 5 parts I purchased turned out to not actually be available.

The rear set is available on eBay, minus the corners. The front upper is on eBay, and some dealers in Canada have the sides, but no corners
Well, here's hoping. If not, I'll go the ebay route!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I need to refresh my A/C. It was converted to R134a by a prior owner, but has some leak or just doesn't work as well. I've thought about going back to R12 but ehhh it's probably not the best for the environment and might be more work

Well, here's hoping. If not, I'll go the ebay route!
You can also cross reference at partznet (or some of the other online toyota parts sources)- they tend to be more accurate in terms of what is actually available

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need to refresh my A/C. It was converted to R134a by a prior owner, but has some leak or just doesn't work as well. I've thought about going back to R12 but ehhh it's probably not the best for the environment and might be more work

You can also cross reference at partznet (or some of the other online toyota parts sources)- they tend to be more accurate in terms of what is actually available
Thank you for the tip!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I imagine a leak test would not be hard to do, then just flush and refill if all the components are good. For good measure, you could replace all the orings. A local shop will empty your r134a for free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts