Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience as to where/how you can get the Small NOS bottles filled. I got the 2.5lb bottles with small threaded fitting out the side for filling. ( Looks like 1/4 thread )
I have tried several typical places to fill the bottles I got and have been denied everytime. No one seems to have the right fitting on their fill station to connect. It really puzzled me when the huge paint ball center couldnt fill them. I want them filled with CO2 but I need to know who does this. Anyone else using the 5lb or 2.5 lb bottles ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
you might need to make an adapter, the fitting I believe are -6an? Otherwise any authorized nitrous refiller should have the fitting. You can check the NOS site, they list some on there

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
John try a welding supply warehouse they should be able to fill them

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh,

So whens the new turbo supposed to get here?

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
Go to a motorcycle speed shop as that is what those bottles were designed for. If they have a station for a motorcycle they should be able to fill it. If not you can do it the old fashioned way where you freeze the bottles to be filled overnight and then connect them to a larger bottle with the line for the big kit and they will fill nicely. Drew

·
Banned
85 Posts
yes they are NPT 1/4", the ones in the pic have a 1/4 NPT to 4AN fittings on them so they can be filled just like a normal 10lb bottle... the reason that no one wants to fill them is because not only are they a pain in the ass to fill, but it's not as profitable to fill them as a regular 10lb bottle...I always did what 65vette suggested - throw it in the freezer for an hour or two and then siphon off of a 10lb bottle that's nice and warm, but you really have to be careful filling these small bottles - it's really easy to overfill them slightly and on a hot day the pressure relief valve will pop open...

Marshall

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
John , End of Jan. everything should be here!:D I'm getting anxious!

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dudes, Thanks for all your suggestions. Im thinking these small bottles outta come direct from NX with a warning label:
Caution these bottles will be a pain to fill and no one will want to do it for you!

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
That looks like a standard -4 bottle nipple to me. Any speed shop should be able to fill them for you. I have filled plenty of 5 lb bottles with the valve you have there

·
High On Boost
407 Posts
autocrossing said:
but you really have to be careful filling these small bottles - it's really easy to overfill them slightly and on a hot day the pressure relief valve will pop open...

Marshall

Thats what happen to my friend that rented a vette and put the bottle around the radiator.It was funny the guys in the parking lot where like your radiator blew and they came out and told him about the hidden kit.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts