Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO SUPRA FOURM!!

My name is Shar,

On August 8th, I picked up my very first Supra from El Paso, TX, and brought it home to Gilbert, AZ. It’s a 1994 twin turbo Auto converted to a single Boost Logic 71mm turbo kit with an R154 transmission, AEM V1, A’PEXi intercooler, etc.

I want to thank my family and Dave T. for putting up with me and the endless Supra related phone calls, texts, and emails over the last few years, it’s been a long journey but it’s finally come to an end! Well, sort of… now comes the fun part…

So, after getting the car back to AZ I started looking at everything I want to address:

• Interior: This is probably my number one complaint, the aftermarket steering wheel, carbon dash etc. all has to go. I’m going to starting looking for newer OEM pieces to replace everything that hasn’t aged as well.
• Exterior: The car was repainted about two years ago, overall it looks good, but there are a few blemishes I want to address, maybe try a paint correction and go from there.
• Engine: The car made 560whp/480 torque the last time it was on the dyno, which was about 9 months ago according to the seller. I think I may get it back on the dyno to get a baseline and make sure everything’s good, retune if needed.

My goals are to keep the car as original/OEM as possible outside of the engine, I’d like to eventually build the motor and shoot for more power.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Welcome, congrats!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA, Thanks dude!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. I don't see your name on the SIV list? I'm sure DaveT has hounded you about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, Thanks yeah that's a understatement. Unfortunately I'm not going to make it, between get the car and need to buy tires, get a tune and other little things I'll just be waiting to see the pictures and videos.

Next Year for Sure!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Next Year for Sure!
Shar has been spreading these lies to me for years now, all I hear is "when is SIV, I'll be there." I have a feeling he doesn't like the AZ Supra community...prove me wrong Shar and come to SIV2016 with or without your Supra...Challenge accepted?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For sure next year, and to prove it when you guys have the SIV2017 all setup I'll signup that day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Shar. Congrats! I really like the chrome/polished wheels on black. Are your wheels the stock polished 97-98 ones or chromed? Would have said something earlier but I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Shar. Congrats! I really like the chrome/polished wheels on black. Are your wheels the stock polished 97-98 ones or chromed? Would have said something earlier but I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. :)
Thanks
I believe they are chrome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds good. If you were totally unsure, I would've said be careful if you ever buy products for polishing or cleaning them. I've heard of some folks damaging their aluminum wheels because they used a chrome polish or something, thinking their mirror finish aluminum wheels were chrome. Something about the acid in the compound eating at the aluminum or something. Also remember someone saying they used an aluminum cleaner or something on chrome wheels and it scratched the wheels. And if I buy a 97-98 turbo that comes with shiny turbo OEMs, I wouldn't assume that they're the polished ones because someone might have taken off the stock polished ones and some other owner or so might have put chrome plated ones on the car.

When I see some dullness even though the wheels have been cleaned, I'm pretty sure the wheels are polished aluminum. As for chrome, I can tell right away when I see chrome peel.

Yeah your wheels look real shiny. If they were polished I would think someone just polished them or bought new ones.

Oh and nice hood scoop!

-Joseph

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! I just got my first MK4 Supra myself almost a month ago! Actually, its similar to yours but white. It was an original auto tt converted to a 71mm single with the r154 trans. I even have the same UGLE carbon fiber dash kit (with even a crapper wood kit under that)! I'm working on the interior now and a retune is a most for me! The car drivability is terrible! I think the previous owner tried to tune it himself!

I like the hood scoop on yours as well! I like your steering wheel btw, but I understand the need for OEM look. I think someone on here is selling a nice 3 spoke OEM 97-98 steering wheel.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great looking Supra!! I think you may be the one that purchased the trunk foam piece from me? Hope it all worked out for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts