Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
LS WON
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined this forum as a 16 year old kid when I had a 94 n/a Supra but faded out in the late 2000s,during the era they were dirt cheap. Ended up trading it for an rx7 in 2004 and went into a whirlwind of cars since but could never manage to get back into a Supra.

after refusing to pay the new premiums prices for one and always buying other cars instead,an amazing deal popped up in California this past weekend as I had been pretty aggressively searching, immediately sent the guy a deposit and hopped on the plane from Dfw to San Diego to get it yesterday.

You could say it’s a “barn find”.1993, 59k mile, hard top, 6 speed! Needs a little cosmetic tlc and a bath but I’m so happy to be back.
It will join my 2014 Dodge Viper gts, 2021 big turbo Supra and 1997 m3.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
329 Posts
Welcome back into MKIV ownership! Love to hear the story of your barn find. It looks appropriately dusty. :LOL:

·
LS WON
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back into MKIV ownership! Love to hear the story of your barn find. It looks appropriately dusty. :LOL:
Found on San Diego craigslist Friday evening (thanks auto tempest). Blew up the guy Saturday and convinced him I should have it instead of all the other people ahead of me,he agreed. Grabbed a money order right before bank closing time Saturday and flew to San Diego sunday morning. Waited for him in a shopping center for 4 hours down road from his house, then he finally came home from his trip and i Ubered there. drove it up to Los angeles with an extremely dusty windshield, drivers window stuck down, no ac, crooked steering wheel, extremely heavy clutch but enjoyed the trip. Transporter picked it up from my buddies house this morning so now i wait

·
LS WON
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey right on, super low miles! What are your plans with it?
Unfortunately the miles don’t reflect condition well. Going to re spray the entire side due to bad rock chips, change the wheels/tires and suspension + whatever else it needs cosmetically. It’s already bpu so I’ll be leaving it like that for a while

·
LS WON
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure there is a Facebook but I don't participate in that dumpster fire.
I generally try to use this Forum as an avenue for communication, although it seems to be a hit or miss.
I hear ya, so you’re basically referring to the regional section on here?

·
LS WON
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats!! You got an amazing deal!! Was a bit too late to it. Let's see photos of the interior and engine.
I was actually late to it too, 2 days late… had a line of people ahead of me! Will take some proper pics when it’s cleaned up and looks like a clean Supra again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When an opportunity flashes in front of you, you take advantage and move fast ASAP. Otherwise you will have to wait for the next one, whenever that happens. Congrats! Your perseverance has paid off. Glad to hear stories like these, especially in California. I am pretty sure there are some LHD Supras out there still lurking. Cheers!

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Great story, glad you picked it up. I could tell the 16 year old was going to let it go, he just wasn't all in from the beginning/over his head.

Good thing you were aggressive chasing it, I've seen too many people hesitate on really good deals and regret it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts