Supra Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Lots of BMWs, Ferraris, Lamborghini, and recently Supras
72 Posts
Joined this forum as a 16 year old kid when I had a 94 n/a Supra but faded out in the late 2000s,during the era they were dirt cheap. Ended up trading it for an rx7 in 2004 and went into a whirlwind of cars since but could never manage to get back into a Supra.

after refusing to pay the new premiums prices for one and always buying other cars instead,an amazing deal popped up in California this past weekend as I had been pretty aggressively searching, immediately sent the guy a deposit and hopped on the plane from Dfw to San Diego to get it yesterday.

You could say it’s a “barn find”.1993, 59k mile, hard top, 6 speed! Needs a little cosmetic tlc and a bath but I’m so happy to be back.
It will join my 2014 Dodge Viper gts, 2021 big turbo Supra and 1997 m3.
Congratulations! I am definitely jealous that I didn't find it. Please keep us updated as you clean it up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Joined this forum as a 16 year old kid when I had a 94 n/a Supra but faded out in the late 2000s,during the era they were dirt cheap. Ended up trading it for an rx7 in 2004 and went into a whirlwind of cars since but could never manage to get back into a Supra.

after refusing to pay the new premiums prices for one and always buying other cars instead,an amazing deal popped up in California this past weekend as I had been pretty aggressively searching, immediately sent the guy a deposit and hopped on the plane from Dfw to San Diego to get it yesterday.

You could say it’s a “barn find”.1993, 59k mile, hard top, 6 speed! Needs a little cosmetic tlc and a bath but I’m so happy to be back.
It will join my 2014 Dodge Viper gts, 2021 big turbo Supra and 1997 m3.
damn bro, I was 16 when I got my first supra too. It was a 98' RHD NA 5spd which I sold recently, hopefully I can get a nice TT 6spd LHD soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mic
Found on San Diego craigslist Friday evening (thanks auto tempest). Blew up the guy Saturday and convinced him I should have it instead of all the other people ahead of me,he agreed. Grabbed a money order right before bank closing time Saturday and flew to San Diego sunday morning. Waited for him in a shopping center for 4 hours down road from his house, then he finally came home from his trip and i Ubered there. drove it up to Los angeles with an extremely dusty windshield, drivers window stuck down, no ac, crooked steering wheel, extremely heavy clutch but enjoyed the trip. Transporter picked it up from my buddies house this morning so now i wait
Congratulations and welcome back!!! My kids argue all the time on who will inherit my MKIV Makes them crazy when I say I want to be buried in it 😂 May I ask who you used to ship it and would you use them again Thx

·
LS WON
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mic Congratulations and welcome back!!! My kids argue all the time on who will inherit my MKIV Makes them crazy when I say I want to be buried in it 😂 May I ask who you used to ship it and would you use them again Thx
Thank you, don’t blame you on being buried in it. I used Godspeed Transport llc, extremely fast, response and professional. Would definitely recommend them

·
LS WON
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If it’s original paint and can be corrected I’d go that route. Original is always better than a respray. But if you want it to look perfect and don’t care about originality have it repainted.
Someone has already re sprayed the hood and fender, the rest of the passenger side has severe rock chips. I agree that originals better but in this case that’s not gonna happen. Trust me, I’d have loved to save money… lol

·
LS WON
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
21 - 38 of 38 Posts