Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after seeing a couple threads where people changed the color or their interiors i finally got motivated to do it myself. ive always loved the way black interiors look on a red car and now i have the first step complete, the carpet. honestly, pulling out the carpet was pretty simple and straight forward. only thing being difficult was the dead pedal/foot rest. it took me two days (4 hours) to do the job as getting a nice even coat took a lot of brushing in order to get an OEM look to it. to anyone with tan carpet wishing they had black i highly recommend dying it black with fabric dye and save yourself the hundreds of dollars. here are pics after the job was complete. i couldnt be happier!! :bigthumb:

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
supraman116 said:
wow looks great. are u gonna go with aftermarket seats or just rewrap ur current ones?

for the seats i was thinking about getting the DAD racing seats off ebay and having someone local re-cover them in leather. the seats are relatively cheap and they use the Sparco mounting brackets to mount with no issues AFAIK.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
haha..thats funny, i saw your pic of this in the test area and was gonna tell you to get rid of those tans seats.lol.. carpet dye sucks, paint,brush,paint,brush,paint,brush..lol..

jay

ps, why do you have a 2step? :stickpoke your a highway roll kinda guy, are you trying to up your drag racing skills....

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaynite said:
haha..thats funny, i saw your pic of this in the test area and was gonna tell you to get rid of those tans seats.lol.. carpet dye sucks, paint,brush,paint,brush,paint,brush..lol..

jay

ps, why do you have a 2step? :stickpoke your a highway roll kinda guy, are you trying to up your drag racing skills....

why you have to be busting my balls all the time??!! :fawk: actually i bought it only because my friend baf32 was getting rid of it after going AEM and he made me an offer i couldnt refuse.... :) actually ive had it ever since the first time we met up. didnt you see it??

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaynite said:

jay

oh yeah, did i ever tell you i have a line lock too, bitch?? :bigthumb:

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
NYC 93-2JZGTE said:
oh yeah, did i ever tell you i have a line lock too, bitch?? :bigthumb:
holy crap... i now know your a closet drag racer..lol.. you probably go to etown and dont tell anyone :bigthumb: :dunno: :)

jay

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
jaynite said:
holy crap... i now know your a closet drag racer..lol.. you probably go to etown and dont tell anyone :bigthumb: :dunno: :)

jay
Thats right Jay you better have that slow ass cars of your ready, what am I saying its already AEM and tuned, ready for some $$$ racing ;)

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Eric man you did an awesome job on that dying, saw it in person and could not believe the results.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey guys....eric it looks awesome....i need to do mine as well....jay..is that beast of ures running good.................... :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
congrats man. couple months ago i changed my tan carpet to black. still need to get the seats done though!

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
That looks great! I'll definately be doing mine when I have some spare time.

What kind of fabric dyer did you use? Where did you get it? Thanks :)

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Eric the carpet looks really good, you did a very nice job with it. You guys up north are really starting to change your cars, and I love every second of it. Glad you are now posting pics of the progress with your ride. My car too is now going to go under the knife sometime this week, it will be sleeping in the garage with the hood off for a while :D The weather down here is heating up, and so is the action with the meets and the races.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts