Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
aight fellas,,,i just finished installing my custom gauge pod,,,i also have to clean up a couple things and make it look cleaner,,,but you'll get the idea,,,please dont flame,,,this isnt a post about what you guys think, b/c i believe that you are your car and you do what YOU believe looks good, not cuz others say it does or doesnt,,,that being said i am posting this up b/c this issue has risen a couple times and i just wanted to show people what it looks like so they can decide whether they'd like to do it or not...enjoy fellas

http://community.webshots.com/album/313849784ppJvxe

also if someone can post them that would be coo so everyone wont have to go to the link...thanks much

·
Banned
621 Posts
An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bad...correct now

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
looks good but i would make a hole under the gauge pod to run the wires, that would drive me crazy having those hang out. nice work tho :cool:

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
You made it yourself...It looks good.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no no i bought the pod online...ebay for $20,,,i guess it's not completly "custom" but ive wanted to do this for about a year, and i finally decided to stop being so lazy,,,i couldn't be more happier, it turned out exactly how i pictured it,,,ya the wires are messy,,,that's what i was talkin about havin some stuff to clean up,,,i already have an idea for that tho, so ya

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks bro :D ya def,,,when i drive by the house and you're out there, ill stop by,,,thursday ill be workin on the car all day b/c ill be takin it to the shop the next day,,,so if you want just swing by thursday, ill be out there,,,also it looks better in person becuase it looks more natural, not like a peice of plastic stuck to the side of the dash

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
Carlo is going to be jealous, he was looking for one of these a while back. Just clean up those wires and you are in good shape. :)

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wires are being done today,,,thanks for your comments fellas

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know every fuckin thing you say vinze is negative, i said i didnt care about your opinions, just keep them to yourself, this is just so people can see what it looks like and decide if they would like to do it or not,,,,so id appreciate it if you kept your negative and pessimistic comments to yourself

·
Registered
703 Posts
That kit used to be made. MVP said they don't stock them anymore and the one person that was selling them wanted a ridiculous price for it.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya def. 97rsp...my home is your home :D,,,pm me and i can give you my number and if you're ever in the sunset area gimme a ring....

Kerr...that's prob the only pleace left to mount gauges w/o having an a-pillar or having to cut up your dash

Ineed2speed...you're correct too,,,also suprastore had this gauge pod but a lot nice and more custom,,,it also looked like it fit like a glove, but they were asking 400!!! fuck that, $20 ebay gauge pod and it still turned out exactly how i wanted :D

·
no search=pejorative
527 Posts
TaBooLeH21 said:
ya def. 97rsp...my home is your home :D,,,pm me and i can give you my number and if you're ever in the sunset area gimme a ring....

Kerr...that's prob the only pleace left to mount gauges w/o having an a-pillar or having to cut up your dash

Ineed2speed...you're correct too,,,also suprastore had this gauge pod but a lot nice and more custom,,,it also looked like it fit like a glove, but they were asking 400!!! fuck that, $20 ebay gauge pod and it still turned out exactly how i wanted :D

With 400 bucks I'd rather make someone custom make a cf pillar for me!

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seriously man,,,it would cost less to do it yourself,,,my initial plan was to make the shape of the pod out of stirophome then coat it with fiberglass,,,this would result it a perfect fitting pod and look realllly snazzy,,,but i, along with others like myself, got lazy so i went the ebay route :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts