Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got round to installing my Dynaudio System 240 17cm composet in my doors. The tweeters are fitted in the kickpanel and the set is powered by a 4 channel Phase Linear Opus 4 amplifier bridged into 2 channels, delivering about 2x 500W RMS. The Dynaudio set really needs big power to sound decent.

Thanks Thomas Kenyon for the MDF mounting rings and the installation tips. It really sounds good.

Next step will be another Opus 4 amplifier (on top of the other) for the subwoofer in the trunk (Phase Linear Alliante 12) and the rear speakers (haven't decided yet which ones).
After that a DVD player and DD/DTS decoder.

Since PhotoPoint is still down I have posted some pics below. If anyone needs high resolution pictures just shoot me an email.

Flavio

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The right door with the woofer fitted behind a custom made polished stainless steel grille.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Alpine IVA-C800R blackbox and the mStation 10GB MP3 player in the trunk.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Phase Linear Opus 4 amplifier fitted just underneath the trunk mounted Top Speed strut brace bar.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Brax 2 Farad stiffening capacitor fitted underneath the amplifier so that the power cables from the capacitor to the amplifier are as short as possible. Power runs from the battery in the front to to the trunk through a 0 Gauge cable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The custom made passive crossover for the Dynaudio composet. Only high end components were used.

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
hey good looking set up you got going on, what kind of dampening material is that and does it add much weight since i see you are covering the whole door with it. i need some stuff for my hatch area, cause i think my sub box is rattling a bit.

any info would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's from Caliber, a brand that is not sold in the USA. If you want a brand name I would recommend Dynamat. The shiny part is just for looks I think, it doesn't actually dampen the sound. The reason I did the whole door is to create a sealed enclosure for the speaker. This way it also acts as a rain protector in lieu of the normal plastic stuff inside the door.

Flavio

N

·
0 Posts
Is it hard to get door panels back on after using so much dynamat? If you don't wanna get ripped off buying dynamat, find someone who works at Best Buy to get it for you, they get a for less than half the price customers pay I think.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NeedsBoost said:
Is it hard to get door panels back on after using so much dynamat? If you don't wanna get ripped off buying dynamat, find someone who works at Best Buy to get it for you, they get a for less than half the price customers pay I think.
The door panels will fit just fine, absolutely no problem at all.

Flavio

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
Dynamat is a ripoff. Try B-Quiet (same stuff, just alot cheaper) or even better is Brown Bread. Brown Bread has been the top rated sound deadener in numerous reviews, thats what i will be going with. a 70 sq ft roll costs about $150 including shipping anywhere in US or Canada. http://www.b-quiet.com sells B-Quiet, B-Quiet Extreme, Beaver Tail, and Brown Bread.

·
651 Posts
Thanks Thomas Kenyon for the MDF mounting rings and the installation tips. It really sounds good.
I was begining to wonder when you were going to mount them speakers up!

Thanks for the kind words...

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts