Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Finally got a motor (7mgte) to rebuild and got some extra cash to do it... was wanting some tips from you pros out there.. I guess what I am looking for is sustained boost... something I can still drive on a regular basis but can blow the doors off your average daddy-llacs out there. So far from what I have read on here... I am putting in a hks intercooler.. gonna go with a FF intake... allready got the walbro fuel pump... thinking of going with forged pistons or cryogenic pistons, still researching the cryo's though.. not sure if they will perfom well or not (anyone have any experience with these).... Anyway.. that is my list so far.. I still need tips on a good turbo module to go with or should I just have turbonetics rebuild and upgrade my stock one? As always.. thanks for the advice guys....

·
Turbonetics..****** asses
1,062 Posts
Whats your budget

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
some peoples upgraded ct dont last very long. hwo about a sp63? if you go for that you will need, 550's, safc, fmic, you dont need a ffi, but it would help alot, good wastegate, good exhaust, downpipe, ebc, various gauges, and such.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses so far guys.... its been really helpful... My budget... was looking to spend around 3000.00 or so.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far here is what I am pricing out... FMIC, Turbo Wastegate (hks), EBC, Downpipe, Venom 550cc injectors, A'PEXi SAFC II, FFi...... checking into the better oil systems as well... once I get this thing build I dont want it to crap out cause of low oil pressure......Also.. the BOV's that are out there... there are so many and such a wide range if price... does it really matter how much you spend on one???

·
Turbonetics..****** asses
1,062 Posts
If your doing everything yourself (except machine work) you should be able to build yourself a solid 400hp machine. Theres no way your gonna get everything on that wish list and properly rebuild that engine for $3000....realistically

Is it 5 spd or auto??? A good clutch is gonna be a minimum of 350-400 bucks(a good one) or a good trans cooler for the auto at about 45-50 bucks(it won't handle 400 for long though)

The cheapest bang for the buck in turbo is gonna be a Upgdd CT26. other bolt on options are gonna be $850+ (bolt on 60-1 or 62-1 stage 5 HP freaks)

Safc are around $150+ (2nd gen)
AFPR (w/good hoses and fittings) $200
EBC $150-175 minimum for a used one

$3000 bucks isn't a lot of money to spend when you also have to rebuild the engine. You better budget 300-400 dollars for machine work if the block needs to be bored, Head inspected, milled down, block cleaned.............forged pistons are gonna run you $500+.................The list of things that need money spent on them goes on and on.

I would concentrate on rebuilding the engine right first ...........Then see what goodies you can buy with what you got left

With that budget I wouldn't buy Jack shit with the name HK$ on it. a perfectly good intercooler can be had for less than $300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts