Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and piucked up my car today from the shop and it is a world of difference

i had a whole problem with no pilot bearing being put in by the previous owner and a tranny with almost no oil in it and a clutch worn down to the rivits

well, the car with a new stock clutch, pressure plates and bearings and some new bushings, also filled with redline MTL and it is a world of difference

my car seriously feels more powerful now, i am assuming a tranny with nearly no oil in it will suck a lot of power

i havent yet got the chance to drive the car hard yet b/c of the break in period, but it feels great

also, the redline MTL feels great in the tranny, it really helped with my syncros

Well, i'm happy

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Chances are, your car is the same as it was previously, power-wise. It's just that being away from your car for a while and then being able to drive it again makes it seem faster than it is. My Supra sure felt fast after I drove my sister's Corolla around for a week!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thermactor said:
Chances are, your car is the same as it was previously, power-wise. It's just that being away from your car for a while and then being able to drive it again makes it seem faster than it is. My Supra sure felt fast after I drove my sister's Corolla around for a week!
could be, but think of the frictional losses with a tranny that is not lubricated, its probably 10 times more than if there was oil in it

i'm not saying the car makes more power, just saying it feels like more of it is making it to the ground

kinda makes sense in my mind

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good News!
Glad to hear you got your car back and your happy with it!
The added benifit of the feeling of more power to the pavement a great ending to a troubling experiance!

Enjoy that power, remember Snow is on the way

-Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RearWheelKilla said:
How long were you driving it with no oil in it?

there was oil in it, but not much, probably only about 2 qts

i have no idea how long it has been that low, i have only had the car since june

1 - 7 of 7 Posts