1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my supra today :biggrin:

But I have a few questions hope you guys can help me

Okay they just installed a new shortblock, a new head
, a new pro clutch stage 3 with a Fidanza flywheel and Titan Motorsports Cam gears

So first question is this how many miles do I have to drive it safely before I can push it to 7000 rpm ? 1500-2000 miles ?

Second question does the increased noise come with the lighter flywheel? because it is pretty loud specially at low rpms(below 2000rpm) in 6th gear

Final question how much boost can the stock platinum spark plugs handle ?

*UPDATE*
here are some pics I took just now. Haven´t had time to clean it and it has been pouring rain here :p but here are 3 pics

·
The Hustler
1,288 Posts
The aluminum flywheel will chatter a little. Its kinda anyoning. Most people reccomend you put 500 miles on it EASY, and change the oil. Then you should be OK.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
500 miles is how i broke my motor in, about every 50 miles or so id go out late or where ever there wasnt a lot of traffic and leave it in first or L for my auto, and go up to about 5k slow and back down slow.

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
twistedmethod333 said:
I think I recall that you shouldnt use synthetic oil during break in....??? I might be mistaken.

Yup. Synthetic would eat threw the new gasket. Some People recommend regular to synthetic blend to full synthetic.

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about the factory platinum spark plugs for the twinturbo mkiv ? how much psi can they handle ? the dealership said that they last for 60.000 miles er about 100.000 km

I also have these Greddy Iridium spark plugs from Titanmotorsports they say that they are great for bpu and single

These genuine GReddy Japan Iridium spark plugs are PERFECT for your higher boosting (BPU) and single turbo Supra's. Stop that annoying high end miss with the most incredible spark plugs ever offered, Iridium!
how many miles do they last ?

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
For me Iridiums are too damn much to be worth it. I just stick with regular ol coppers which most people will say as well. Some NGK 3330's or similar. I buy them about 30 at a time. :)

Congrats on gettin the car though!

Alex

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alx2785 said:
For me Iridiums are too damn much to be worth it. I just stick with regular ol coppers which most people will say as well. Some NGK 3330's or similar. I buy them about 30 at a time. :)

Congrats on gettin the car though!

Alex
thx it has been in the shop for 3-4 months :( but I finally got it :gapteeth:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts