Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been a long time stalker of the site and have been dreaming of a Supra since I was 13 (26 now) and now my dream as finally come true..... Kinda. Its a base 93 model NA/Auto. It has 144xxx miles on it. I'll have to get some interior shots but this thing is immaculate. It was originally an Arizona car then was taken out to New Hampshire. The owner wanted to do a TT/6speed swap but he ran a auto business and he said he had other priorities, so he ended up selling it. I got this car because my FRS was totaled.

My plan is to get the little things taken care of first:
-Install Spoiler that has already been ordered and just waiting for it to show up.
-Replace stock broken lip.
-Fix the dent on the bottom front passenger side of the car.
-Fix the leaking targa top seal.
-Fix the side blinkers in the bumper.
-Replace the center console armrest.
-Replace the head unit.
-Stop the passenger door from creaking.
-Figure out what's wrong with cruise control.
-Get that brake light indicator to turn off.
(tail lights work but don't turn on when the brake is depressed, third light works fine, found this site thanks to you guys http://mkiv.com/techarticles/failed_lamp_sensor_fix/index.html)
-Replace spark plugs and wires since the car will shut itself off/stall out if it sits at a low enough rpm for a while (happened twice) if that doesn't work figure out what could be causing it, but again, its only happened twice.
-Try to figure out what the slight burning smell is. Its not coolant, oil, or plastic, but I know my VR4 made the same smell once upon a time ago.
-Fix rear window defroster.
-Figure out what I'm supposed to use to hold the carpet in place (there's a little whole in the bottom left corner of the carpet and a hole on the floor, something is supposed to go in there).
-Upgrade car audio then leave car alone. The time was done I believe 20k miles ago.

I don't want to drive the car too much, but have to since it's my only running vehicle. I have a 97 GS300 in Maine that I'm trying to get transported. This I plan on being my DD. It has a blown transmission because those 96-97 A350E's are garbage from what I've researched. I'm settling on having it rebuilt then just doing the tt aristo swap in the future. Once I get the GS running I plan on finishing my VR4 and Starion since the VR4 has been eagerly waiting to be put back on the road and the Starion has little (compared to the other cars) that need work to be done to it. Once I get those two out of the way I'll start saving for a TT/6speed swap and then work on the GS. I plan on doing more work on the Supra in the future, but for now I just want to make sure it's running at its best and I get my other cars going first, since there's a line lol. Anyway, On to the pictures.

***EDITED***
I got click happy and posted before I was finished typing and before I added the pictures.

·
Registered
294 Posts
is this the car from Wicked Cas?

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
NA & Auto (At the same Dayum tyme) + EXTRA creature comfort extremities = Win!

Congratulation on the purchase AshyBone! You won.

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of documents regarding TT/6pd swap/teardown/replace.

Awesome to see all those project cars work-in-progress.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Georgevlades, this was the Wicked Cas car. I love it. The squeaking coming from the passenger side of the car is driving me insane though. That's actually going to be moved to the top of the list. I forgot to mention that the antenna isn't there. So I don't know if I wanna replace it or just upgrade to a fin or something else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to have to figure out what's going on there. Its really annoying. I found a replacement stock lip from a member so I'll try to do something about that bumper while I'm down there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh it was a high! I do have to say though, I wasn't all that excited because its NA and Auto. But when I saw it get off the truck, and after my first drive I was in love. The other night I took a girl out to dinner. And when we finished and walking through the parking lot I looked up and got excited and told the girl, "Holy shit! look! Its a Supra.... Wait, that's my car never mind I knew it was there" LOL not lying, I felt like a little kid walking up to it that night.

I am kinda getting pissed off though. I bought a Spoiler from ebay back on the 13 or 16 and the guy still hasn't shipped it. I have no idea. Saturday or Sunday when I spoke to him, he said he forgot to ship it.... Even though its been two weeks. I told him That I'd follow up with him on Monday, I did and got no response. Check back again to day, and still no response. I just sent him a message letting him know that he needs to send it tomorrow and give me a tracking number or else I'm going to have to open a paypal dispute. I won't even get started on the pricing. That was some BS too honestly.

But on a brighter night Vovka is the fuckin man. He sold me his stock front spoiler and already has it shipped out. Gave me a tracking number and everything.

·
yup, reefed it
886 Posts
Try starting a thread for Elmhurst Toyota in the sponsor section of the forum for that carpet stay. They should be able to help you out. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If you need interior parts I recommend you spend the money NOW, as most are becoming discontinued!!!

·
Going for broke
622 Posts
^^^THAT.

Also, welcome! glad you got your first supra...I remember the 7 year wait for me to buy mine and it took FOREVER, but was such a great feeling. :)
Best of luck as you go through and sort out all the little nuisances and modify as you go! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm feeling extremely blessed to finally fulfill my childhood dream. I got a new factory lip from Vovka, and after almost a month and a paypal dispute later, I got a spoiler in I think the right color. I'm going to take the car and spoiler to a friend of mine who owns a body shop and see how much he'd charge me to install the spoiler. If he can't do it I'll have car crafters do it. The only interior body part I'd need replaced is the center center console. Next year when I start the v160 swap I'll look into replacing the shifter bezel but it looks like Driftmotion has that. Hopefully they'll still carry it when I'm ready to do the swap. The only thing I'm really concerned about right now it the sqeaking/creaking coming from the targa top.

·
HK USP 45c
292 Posts
Still remember buying my first Supra...I'll take that memory to the grave. Good looking ride, it's nice to see a fellow 93 Alpine ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Remember to enjoy the car and not always look to what might be, but what is. I've always got a kick from people asking how old of car it is, and when I tell them they are shocked because of how modern it looks. Timeless.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

Still love the hell out of my car. Its fun and still putting smiles on my face. I figured out why the car was squeaking though. Took off the roof and found this....

I basically just put it in place then took a rubber mallet to it. I was thinking about having it tac welded but I don't know if that's a good idea. The squeaking is gone though. I'm just waiting for it to come back since I'm pretty sure its just a temporary fix.

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Congrats man, It looks like a good project

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts