Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got 3 grand to spend on my car and its time for a turbo swap. now i know what all is need but a few questions that i have. 1) will my n/a ecu work with a turbo motor? i'm pretty sure the obvious answer is no but its worth a shot. i'll also need a turbo wiring harness right? 2) can i use the n/a head so that would kinda cancel out the past two problems? What would be the advantages/disadvantages be? 3) And lastly do i have to buy all new injectors or can i use the ones in the JDM motor? i know these questions seem kinda dumb but i need all the help i can get right now.....thanks in advance guys!

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
For about 750 you can get alot of stuff for the 7MGTE, Trans, ECU, Wireharness n such so you figure 750 from 3k + rest over to overhaul n mod.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i wouldnt say 750 because you have to picture in shipping. plus you always plan to spend more then what it says, shit happens and you cant predict. When i do the turbo swap i plan 1200 bucks for engine and tranny to be in. and some more money to go mhg before it ever touches the car.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
DavidTT87 said:
i wouldnt say 750 because you have to picture in shipping. plus you always plan to spend more then what it says, shit happens and you cant predict. When i do the turbo swap i plan 1200 bucks for engine and tranny to be in. and some more money to go mhg before it ever touches the car.
Very true, Should have said a range of 750+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts