Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Uask4it's Dad
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We left Raleigh at 11am est this morning, and will be rolling In shortly. Been a long 36 hours.

Tues night we took the camaro out for a final run on less than half it's normal boost, 9-10 psi (~1000whp) to check everything out one last time before heading out at 8am. I went wot in second and short shifted about 7 grand fairly aggressively into third, and heard a loud snap from under the hood, the gas pedal went dead. Pull over, pull the hood off, and the linkage from the throttle cable to the throttle body had snapped off. Sweet.

Carried it to the shop in the am and the guys at rpm made some custom shit up for it that is actually stronger than the original piece. So on the way we go.

We get about 11 hours into the trip and the truck all of a sudden feels like it has a huge stall converter in it. We pull over, trans fluid everywhere. All on the side of the truck, the trailer, etc. Turns out a line to the trans cooler had come loose. Awesome.

We happen to be by two gas stations we could run to, and bought all the trans fluid they had. Fixed the line, filled it up, 35 minutes later were on the way again.

8 hours later, in Houston. It's been a hell of a ride, but I think it will be worth it. I'm getting some sleep then pulling the camaro out. Well see you guys tonight!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Is your camaro the one that was setting off all the car alarms last night leaving? Trying to put screen names to cars and faces.

·
Uask4it's Dad
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is your camaro the one that was setting off all the car alarms last night leaving? Trying to put screen names to cars and faces.
No that wasn't me. Mine hasn't been off the trailer yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That camaro sure was something to look at. The turbo should have a "caution" sign next to it.... possibly with a small woodland creature in the graphic. WOW!!! Too bad we didnt see it on the dyno or track. Maybe next year, thanks for bringing it out!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
How'd the camaro run?

·
Registered
221 Posts
That Camaro was insane, that turbo could have easily sucked my head in if i wasn't careful.

Hope to see it run next year! Glad to see such a well built camaro

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
so i offered a race against the camaro....but according to this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFKTQP7Eeo

that camaro is weak sauce

nice meeting you guys, ps parking lot plastered at like 6am while me and rich are driving the guys to the airport! insane! u guys are party animals! hahaha

Ben Y

your shits still weak though...

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
good meeting you guys trying to find beer that night!

car is sick.

and Ben, I should have just bit off more than I could chew and just run you so at least someone would have beaten me and I could have witnessed a beast of a car run. :D

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
good meeting you guys trying to find beer that night!

car is sick.

and Ben, I should have just bit off more than I could chew and just run you so at least someone would have beaten me and I could have witnessed a beast of a car run. :D
haha next year for sure, there were a bunch of groups of cars on the road in Houston at night, it was a hit or miss if we ran into one another. but it was def a good time. should have some video footage here soon. :beer:

Ben Y

·
Engmaineer
2,408 Posts
haha next year for sure, there were a bunch of groups of cars on the road in Houston at night, it was a hit or miss if we ran into one another. but it was def a good time. should have some video footage here soon. :beer:

Ben Y
did you guys end up with us? I think I was sending you the text's but trying to get 50-60 people together plus people at the lot was much more then I could handle. :sadance:

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
did you guys end up with us? I think I was sending you the text's but trying to get 50-60 people together plus people at the lot was much more then I could handle. :sadance:
i didnt get any of your txt msg's, i only got your emails, but my friend got a few, i ended up going to one of the meets and as soon as i showed up everyone crowed around my car, but as soon as u were done talking, the cops showed up and on the way out i ended up running the turbo busa on I-10 to the next spot but i got lost alittle and ended up going on a little cruise around houston with the busa and Umesh. Good times though man, wish i lived in Texas tho, next year is going to be even crazyier.

Ben Y

1 - 20 of 25 Posts