Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My fuel pump precedes me
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking here for like 5 years I finally have a mkiii turbo :bigthumb: My wife bought me an '89T hardtop for my b-day and I picked it up on Saturday. It was an interesting 250mi drive towing it from Del Rio to Austin in my 4cyl 4Runner, but I made it. Here's some pics:

Big thanks to Lovin_my_mkiii for a great deal, and for having the balls to sit in the car while being pushed down a hill onto a trailer :dunno:

The plan for now is to get the engine out and figure out what kind of shape the crank and block are in (spun bearing) and then I'll hopefully be building a motor in the next 6 months or so as I get the cash. Depending on how things look, I'll probably go for a rebuild with reconditioned rods and Ross pistions as well as a MHG.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
not bad... how much did you get it for?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
welcome to the TX supra club....you have 2 weeks to get it running for our local event in austin :) nice find what all does it have done?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I think u should change everything painted red to black (Besides exterior. The red and gray looks horrible...

Other than that great car, the problem with buying modded cars though is that they may have already had the sh*t beat out of them by the time you get to em :dunno:

Best of luck though, I love that ass shot!

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
dammit, i wish we had those type of deals out here. id pick up that 90 mk3 ASAP

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i like the red on grey combination, i think it looks very nice. especially red with shadow grey leather :D forgot to add, nice looking supra, hopefully it wont take to long to get everything running. be sure to get some pics up too :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
hmmmm....jdm steering wheel? good find. i just picked up a mkiii non turbo salvage title for $600 here in san diego last weekend. i couldnt pass it up. it has a rebuilt cylinderhead arps and a metal hg. the block is solid but has 240,000 mile on it! im gona do it up with cheap parts from ebay including a venom nitrouse kit and my old jdm turbo block......well see how it goes! good luck looks great bro!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
congrats on the supra!

and no thats not a jdm steering wheel- look like the stock 89 w/ the leather removed ;)

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
profuse007 said:
some dude in houston whom recently just sold his red 90MKIII Turbo for ~800 bucks. had a rod knock though. and it was some rich high skoo kid whom wanted to upgrade to MKIV.

dont know if you could beat that.... :bigok:
I can, I just found out that a friend of mine sold his 87T with rod knock for $700. If I would have known he was selling it....Had exhaust, MHG and studs, valve job, intake, blitz FMIC, hard pipes w/HKS BOV, momo steering wheel, S-afc, rims and suspension. damn the missed opportunities.

Nice find though. Props to your wife, she's hella cool.

·
My fuel pump precedes me
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies, I'm pretty stoked with the car. I think it's pretty stock other than the TT wheels, the exhaust, and some sort of suspension. There may be more, but we just moved into a house so I haven't had much time to mess with it. I'm hoping to push it into the garage this weekend and start getting into it. We ended up paying $1000 for those who asked, which is a very fair price IMHO. And yes, I think my wife is hella cool for buying me a mkiii, although I'm not sure how I'm gonna match it with a b-day gift for her.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Good deal man, infact, thats a steal. Looks nice too.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
nice buy... i paid 1400 for mine, running with a possible BHG, so i think you got a pretty good deal

I like your 4 runner.... that thing is very clean and rust free... I have an 86 truck.... with the squirrel power 4 banger

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard man! You definately got a good deal for $1,000. I have that much invested into my TT wheels and '89+ upgrade alone and you have all that plus a clean body and interior.

Ken (from 4x4wire)

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
dammit, i wish we had those type of deals out here. id pick up that 90 mk3 ASAP

damnit, i wish we had those types of women out here that would buy his man a turbo supra, id pick her up ASAP!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts