Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally made it to the track. Ive been working on my Dads Senate campain since January and have had VERY little free time. And now that its over with (which turned out great with a 58% to 42% victory WOOOOOO!!) I finally have some me time. :D

Anyways i had to get my campain plug in. Now onto what you want to hear lol.

Track conditions:

Weather: sucked bawls
Track Prep: sucked more bawls

Run 1: 750 Bottle pressure, sprayed both stages after 60ft

60ft: 2.29
1/8et: 9.30
1/8mph: 78.47
1/4et: 14.17
1/4mph: 101.37

Run 2: 800 BP, sprayed both stages after 60ft

60ft: 2.29
1/8et: 9.11
1/8mph: 81.62
1/4et: 13.88
1/4mph: 102.88

Run 3: 850 BP, sprayed both off the line (where did my traction go?)

60ft: 2.40
1/8et: 9.34
1/8mph: 80.65
1/4et: 14.16
1/4mph: 101.92

Run 4: 900 BP, launched off 75 shot and hit 2nd stage at 60ft (still traction problems)

60ft: 2.13
1/8et: 8.90
1/8mph: 79.71
1/4et: 13.70
1/4mph: 102.81

Run 5: 850 BP, srayed both stages a little before 60ft

60ft: 2.24
1/8et: 9.19
1/8mph: 80.58
1/4et: 14.00
1/4mph:102.15

Conclusion:

Buy new tires WHICH I DID TODAY!! 2 nitto drags for the rear :D
Buy a bottle heater
maybe some bigger jets? :p :D :eek:

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
n/a supra + NAWWWS = 13 sec car...:cool: ... did you have street tires on during these runs? congrats :D

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*wishlist*supraTT said:
n/a supra + NAWWWS = 13 sec car...:cool: ... did you have street tires on during these runs? congrats :D
yes some very bald street tires

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stang2supra said:
nice times! :D
couple questions... auto or manual? and what other mods? thanks!
I am auto, and I also have suspension mods, intake which was partially replaced with stock equiptment to hold the nitrous nozzle, and the TRD exhaust

W

·
0 Posts
he took the nitto's from my car :( hehe.

now bottle pressure up to 1200, take some stuff out of the car, and launch out of the hole on a 150 and i am saying a 12.8-12.9

:)

Kick ass times mayn

Nitin Reddy

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yup, I agree..... a good 60' and you are in the high 12's... Nice job! The only thing I'd be a little worried about is spraying below 3000rpm, which I'm sure you are doing out of the hole since your converter is stock.

How is the tranny doing? Not hitting the rev limiter before it shifts?

Again, congrats!

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tranny is doing fine it lags a little but nothing to be worried about i dont think, and no it hasnt hit the rev limiter once

D

·
0 Posts
Holy shit thats bad- Pretty soon im probably going to have a 100Hp shot installed on my auto....Should i go direct port? Im afraid that will be less reliable opposed to the dry kits. With the 100Hp shot should i expect to see numbers like that? 93MSB- are you using the stock rims?- and what size tires in the back? Any advice you would give to help me out? Oh, and have you beaten a lot of V8s with the Nitrous?

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DanSupraMan said:
Should i go direct port? Im afraid that will be less reliable opposed to the dry kits. With the 100Hp shot should i expect to see numbers like that? 93MSB- are you using the stock rims?- and what size tires in the back? Any advice you would give to help me out? Oh, and have you beaten a lot of V8s with the Nitrous?
if you have the money do the direct port if not a fogger nozzle will be fine at a 100shot. With that shot I would think 13's shouldnt be a problem with proper bottle pressure and some nice sticky tires. I am using the stock rims, Im running 245/50/16 at all corners. And yes i have beaten quite a few v8's but watch out for those pesky LS1's damn the're quick! but here in waco we get all the factory freaks ;)

·
ABM
497 Posts
nice!

nice job 93msb! those are some pretty daym good numbers on an automatic N/A. i myself just put in a 125-shot direct port system, but i haven't run it at the track yet. will post some pics of the setup once i get a digital.

D

·
0 Posts
Will it hurt if i go with 125 direct port on the auto- opposed to the 100hp shot? I dont want to blow my engine up or anything.
Sooprastah - what kit do you have? NOS or Nitrous Express? Besides the kit, do you guys have anything else installed like the supra tt fuel pump or head gaskets to reinforce the system?

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you should actually be a little safer with the direct port because it evenly distributes the nitrous equally to eack cyl.

I havent heard real good things about the NOS kits. I have a nitrous express kit myself and havent had any problems whatsoever. If you do decide to go with NX call my friend Nitro Dave, he wholesales thier kits and always has awesome prices, just tell him I (rich averitt) sent you :D hes located in hewitt TX right outside of Waco and his # is (254) 235-3288

D

·
0 Posts
93MSB- thanks a lot man....youve been a big help ..ive decided this is the way im gonna go. Im not really sure how much Hp shot i should go with- Im assuming he can get me a 125Hp direct port NX system. Ill give him a call- sounds like a great option.
Dan

D

·
0 Posts
Or i could go with the same kit you have- the dual 75 shot. Sounds like yours is pretty badass

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
may want to hold off on that nitrous, i may have just blown my motor tonight :(

N

·
0 Posts
DanSupraMan said:
ahh fuck- are you serious? is it bad?
Hole in one of the pistons :(, he is rebuilding now though, so it'll be back :)

oh yea, if you spray nitrous, make SURE you spray enough fuel, Rich was saying he believes the fuel solenoids weren't spraying with the nitrous-which is why it blew up. the engine builder said not enough timing was taken out. In any case, nitrous is plenty safe as long as your components work and you take proper precautions (Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, Oil Pressure Safety Switch, Window Switch, WOT switch, Colder Plugs..etc)

Nitin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts