Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been waiting for this day since i first bought my car from AnArKeY here on the forums in November of last year. The priorities of the previous owner of this car changed, therefore the car was neglected, and left at a state not worth looking at. Since my dream car was a supra i opted to give this car life again.

Orgionally the car first started its life as a twin turbo car straight from toyota. But the previous owner ripped out the old motor and dropped a NA motor with a TH400 transmission in an atempt to gain higher compression by running methanol, but he was unable to finish the project and put it up for sale. You guys might remember it being for sale here on the forums.

Since purchasing the car i have been trying to put it back to running order while using aftermarket parts and getting the car where i want it. Through the last eight months of the journey i have had joy, headache and TONS of money spent to get the car the way it is today (and its still not finished)

The car now is back with a new JDM twin turbo motor with the 6 speed tranny and is running great.

Here is a breif list of all the mods done since i have had the car.

EXTERIOR

Bomex Front Bumper
Veilside Side Skirts
Veilside Rear Ad-Ons
Custom Orange Paint
97-98 Taillights
97-98 Front Turn Signals
PIAA Front Fog Lights

INTERIOR

Greddy Boost Controller
Greddy Boost Cut Controller
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy Boost Gauge
Greddy AFR Gauge
Veilside Shift Knob
TRD 10k Tach

ENGINE BAY

Greddy 3-Row FMIC
Greddy Airnix Air Intake
Fluidyne Radiator
Flex-A-Lite Dual Electric Fans
Optima Red Top Battery (Now Orange Top)
SP Engineering Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover
Matching (Orange) Valve Cover And Plastic Pieces

When i bought the car, it needed a new motor, tranny, driveshaft, the whole interior was stripped so i bought brand new carpeting, bought seats from a forum member. I ended up powdercoating the whole interior of the car before putting the carpet in and powdercoated everything on the bottom of the car including the chassis. The car now looks totally different and cant really tell what its previous condition was like.

Here are some before pictures of the car

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And here are some after pictures

My plans next are to get some wheels which it really needs, polish the engine bay, get a nice stereo system maybe go custom, and clean up the interior a little bit. Probably will go with newer aftermarket seats.

Hopefully by next year i want to go single and see how much power i can get out of this thing :bigthumb:

Alright now for your guys' input, go ahead and put your comments and as always critisizm is always welcome.

Thanks for checking out this thread

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SupraMKIV2jz-GTE said:
That color is sick.
You did an amazing job with everything. Good luck with your future plans.

Thank you very much, i wasnt really sure about the color, what people would think, but i really dont care, i love the paint job. The pictures dont due the car justice. The paint is not a cameleon color but it changes shades of orange with different lighting.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
that color is damn nice. Only thing is I wish you would have molded the rears somehow. They just look out of place non-molded. :(

Otherwise throw some wheels on there and you can be happy for a while. :bigthumb:

Alex

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eric_C said:
Awesome color. Im not "down" with the kit and rims tho.

Yeah the rims have got to go but the kit is definatley staying, i think it flows better with the body lines.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spot said:
wow. I love orange supras. Great job. I would also like to know the color.

Sorry guy, the color is staying a secret

·
Registered
619 Posts
u need rims...and its not really my favourite kit, but damn WHAT A GREAT JOB. u really achieved something there and i actually love that orange!!!

good luck in the future!

Take care,
Yann

Ps: do you know what kind of power u want to be putting down on the single yet?

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
That color is wild, must look insane when your driving on a sunny day. As for the kit and wheels :1poke:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts