Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
11.5" rear and 8" front will have pretty bad understeer. Why not widen the fronts too?

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking to put another set of rears up front but for now just run the 8's ,I need to buy 2 rears

·
ABM
497 Posts
thats what i was thinking. did you paint/polish them yourself? you might as well widen the 8'' fronts you have now, otherwise it was a waste of money to have them painted/polished.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will it be ok to run the 9.5 up front ?? will they clear the fender ??

let me know so I can work on that as well

and no I didn't paint/polish them , a friend of mine who works at a wheel place did them for me

·
ABM
497 Posts
you should be able to run a 9.5'' in the front...i would think it would actually balance out the understeer better than a 9'' rim would. your rolling the fenders in the front and rear right?

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I am rolling the fenders on the rear but as far as the front goes I did not wanted to roll the fenders since I want to keep the splash shields , or fuck it and roll them lol , or do you think if I do the front ones wider (9 or 9.5) they will clear the fender??

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
damn those def came out very nice :)

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
The stock rear wheel will fit on the front fine. The only problem is you will have to grind a tab of the bottom of the brake caliper to get the wheel to bolt on.

I would definitely put rear wheel on the front before I widened the front wheels and needed to use spacers.

Later, Steve

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well a friend of mine did them and cost = 50 tacos and a 24 pk of coke = $50 for the tacos and $6 for the 24:bigthumb: ,company name I can tell you but they don't know about the rims because my friend worked on them " underground"

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts
Hey, those look good.

·
Registered
885 Posts
put em on the car!!

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will put them on the car but I'm still waiting on Discount tire to bring me my 315's for the rear wheels , they say is gonna take about a week ,but I'll make sure I post some pics with them on the car

·
Registered
524 Posts
They look awsome!

Anymore close-up pics :D

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I will get some close up pics this weekend ,

for any of you interested , I talked to my buddy and he say he can do yours wider and powder coated for $400 or if you just want them powder coated $200

if you are interested pm or email me at [email protected]

later

Erik

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
those came out very clean

1 - 20 of 27 Posts