Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so its been an up hill struggle with this retarded emanage ulitmate. but finlay i hit 15 psi and was able to hold it all the way through the rpm range. ooooohhhhh so fucken good to feel the lovely boost. my pt71 gtq spooles at 2200 and hit 15 psi at 3500 and go muther f****er go!!! but i blew a main seal so apart it gose. lol!

if any one has any maps for single 1j ecus hit me up. i need some help still.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,276 Posts
I have a emanage blue map but my setup is well quite outthere...

what kind of injectors, base pressure ect are you running?

BTW how the hell you spooling 15 PSI by 3500 on a 71 on a 1jz? my friends 2jz doesn't even do that.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im built 1.5 jz. 880 cc injectors, 15psi low, max psi im aiming for is 35. i just hooked up the injector to tirm and add (the ignition was acting too retarded so i disconected it) greddy map sensor. im not sure what else i could tell ya. im using an lm1 to monitor my a/f.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
retarded timing will cause it to spool faster.. it must be retarded a hell of a lot to spool a 71 at 3500.. i was running 8-9* of timing in boost and my 63 spooled 17 psi by 4k..

·
12,276 Posts
yeah I've tried retarding timeing just before peak power and gained 50 TQ and 30 WHP on a friends car fooling around with the tune.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
1jz-power said:
ok so its been an up hill struggle with this retarded emanage ulitmate. but finlay i hit 15 psi and was able to hold it all the way through the rpm range. ooooohhhhh so fucken good to feel the lovely boost. my pt71 gtq spooles at 2200 and hit 15 psi at 3500 and go muther f****er go!!! but i blew a main seal so apart it gose. lol!

if any one has any maps for single 1j ecus hit me up. i need some help still.
man...i wish i could hit 15 psi and not creep to 22+psi.... we'll see next week with a new wastegate...

btw, what the hell kept you from getting to 15 psi??? timing?

·
Registered
824 Posts
From some reading I have done, yes the boost threshold is lowered when retarding the timing but even though there is more boost there isn’t more power because of the timing. Ie. Retard timing so that there is more heat and energy going out the exhaust manifold to spool the turbo early but because of this the ignition is not finished by the optimum time (I can’t remember what that is though) so full combustion process is not completed to its potential.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
ZaZZn said:
yeah I've tried retarding timeing just before peak power and gained 50 TQ and 30 WHP on a friends car fooling around with the tune.
that doesn't make sence unless timing was beyond mbtt

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i realy dont know, the stock 1jz ecu is controlling timing ( the emu cant handle timeing at all). i switched to an uncut rhd harness, then everything worked great, so im assuming a wire in the injector area had gotten loose. i wish i had my pfc f-con now, or a power fc. cause its been a year now, and there is no forum, no tech support, literally no damn help for the emu. i wish greddy would give me my money back but, that will never happen.

·
12,276 Posts
Well it does tissimo, because, the more you retard the timing the more exhaust starts to burn in the ex manifold. Higher EGT's, more flow = more power.

No I didn't make MUCH changes i mean i only took out -3 at 3500 and -5 at 4000 then went back to 0 after 4k

I'll post the graph if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts