Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bank will give me up to a 36 month loan on a MKIV. Well I am buying a house and I really need to finance the car for 48 months to be safe. (I'll probablly pay more than I have to each month, but still) Does anyone know of a company that will finance a 1995 MKIV TT for 48 months? I would not just have to have the car, but its local and its $20k for '95 110k miles 6-speed BPU MKIV which I think is a deal. I am 22 and my credit score as of a few weeks was around 700, so hopefully thats good enough.

Any help whatsoever would be awsome. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zaknafein said:
credit union. nuff said.

Well let me ask you this, I have been a member of the BFGoodrich credit union for years, but I moved about 3 years ago. I now have a bank that does ok on loans. Anyways my account is still open at the CU, but hasn't been in use since moved how will that affect me? Or does it even matter?

·
PHR Powered Super Member
1,603 Posts
It should not affect anything as long as you havent closed the account or not have any money in there. even if it was closed you can always re-open it again.
The credit union is the way to do it. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll call them Monday.

My account is still open left a hefty $50 in it to make sure, might be $50.25 by now, lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my "bank" won't finance anything older than 7 years for more than 36 months. Checked my credit union online and its 4% at 60 months, lol. Boys looks like I ma finally finally getting my car. Just hope being a home owner will help with insurance, lol.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I got mine through Capital One. They dont go off blue book. They go off your credit. If approved for the amount, you will get a blank check for up to that approved ammount. Thats how I did my Supra and corolla

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well does anyone know if 700 is an ok credit score? I've never missed a payment just don't have a long history. Might have to ask my dad to help me out his credit is beyond great.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Do you have the link to the car? You can PM me...Ive ran accross one simular to the miles and price that was a scizzaam

·
Registered
108 Posts
DueceISloose said:
Well does anyone know if 700 is an ok credit score? I've never missed a payment just don't have a long history. Might have to ask my dad to help me out his credit is beyond great.
thats a good score. now, something great would be 800 :)

·
259 Posts
I'd get the deal done on the house BEFORE buying the car. Per my mortgage person, its better to NOT make any big purchases (i.e. car) before closing on a house.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi-Psi said:
Do you have the link to the car? You can PM me...Ive ran accross one simular to the miles and price that was a scizzaam
Its not forsale (online or in the local paper) and its legit, the car is 2 miles from my house the owner is a long time member here. :) I've ridden in the car and its sitting in his garage right now waiting to be bought when the owner returns from vacation. Thats how I got dibbs, I was looking at an N/A and had never even sat in a MKIV so I posted in my region forum about anyone letting me just sit in their car. Well the guy PM'd me and told me he was almost walking distance away and to come over, I did and he told me he would be looking to sell in 6 months for a good price, that was 6 months ago.

Thats why I'm prepared to do whatever to have the car, people thinking it could be a scam is good when its not. :D (If its because of the price that is)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff M said:
I'd get the deal done on the house BEFORE buying the car. Per my mortgage person, its better to NOT make any big purchases (i.e. car) before closing on a house.
I am waiting till I buy the house, I'm not stupid, lol. :D I have found the house I want and actually showing my parents the place this afternoon just to see what they say. Car isn't gonna be sold till early May, the owner is on a looong trip. (turns out perfect for my situation)

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
sweet man good deal! If you can't buy it in May pass the info to me and if its in good shape I'll buy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi-Psi said:
sweet man good deal! If you can't buy it in May pass the info to me and if its in good shape I'll buy it.
I seriously will do that. Its gonna be close $$$ wise cause of the house and the freaking $2500 insurance.

·
PHR Powered Super Member
1,603 Posts
Credit union care more about credit score witch in your case is great. YOu must have atleast 2yrs in credit. You should be fine if you do. Definitely go thru the credit union as they will hand you that check a lot quicker.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
DueceISloose said:
I seriously will do that. Its gonna be close $$$ wise cause of the house and the freaking $2500 insurance.
Thank you sir.

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
Sooooooooooooooo, is this your first Supra?

I think you're full of :bsflag:

Check sig:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts