Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure a few things out, with my mx73 7MGTE.

ill get some pics as well with a plug or two im trying to label but i realise the turbos are oil cooled and coolant cooled, but i dont know where to run the coolant lines and if its necasary, if the oil is hooked up. Due to my manifold i have to actualy make a oil line setup for the turbo.

there are also two fuel lines on the driver side of the block, one comes out just above the motor mount and the other a few inches behind it that mounts to the block it appears, which one is in/out.

is there a switch or a relay that notifies the ECU or anything that the clutch is pressed in so the car ill start?

hope thats not too much, just trying to eliminate any problems later down the road when i go to turn the key.

fife

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
idrivetoys said:
Im trying to figure a few things out, with my mx73 7MGTE.
Cool.

idrivetoys said:
ill get some pics as well with a plug or two im trying to label but i realise the turbos are oil cooled and coolant cooled, but i dont know where to run the coolant lines and if its necasary, if the oil is hooked up. Due to my manifold i have to actualy make a oil line setup for the turbo.
If your turbo has coolant inlet and outlet, I would use it. It keeps oil temperatures out of the coking region. This would greatly increase reliability. Having said that, it isn't absolutley needed. You can buy the NA supra bypass lines if you've like. your local toyota dealer can assist you with that.

The top coolant line should go to one side (not the top or bottom side, that's for oil), and the other should go to the other. The motor side of the coolant is on the thermostat housing. Looks like a 1/4NPT, but its a 1/4BPS. I ran a 1/4NPT tap thru this, and cleaned VERY little metal, and it sealed up nicely with a 1/4NPT earls fitting. The other coolant fitting on the block is on the outlet of the lower radiator hose. Should be a 14mmx1.5 thread pitch.

Parts 16333P is the feed, and 16281B is the outlet on the motor side of things in hte following link.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/291420/1603_2.html

idrivetoys said:
there are also two fuel lines on the driver side of the block, one comes out just above the motor mount and the other a few inches behind it that mounts to the block it appears, which one is in/out.
One leads from a metal hardline attached to the car (not the motor). That is the feed line. This line terminates into a fuel block with a banjo bolt. This is attached directly to the motor mount. In front of the motor mount, you've got a goldish colored diamond shaped palte with a J shape welded to it. This is your return line.

Parts 23801F is the feed hose, 23849a is the fuel block. Part 23809 is the diamond shaped plate that is your return line.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/291420/2211_2.html

idrivetoys said:
is there a switch or a relay that notifies the ECU or anything that the clutch is pressed in so the car ill start?
Sure is. Its under the clutch pedal.. up pretty high. I can't find it on the parts catalog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts