Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a beater 1984-1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 or GT-S to take to college and stuff. My 5 mpg jeep isn't cutting it anymore. Where would be a good place to look? cars.com don't have any near me, eBay is overpriced, and autotrader is turning up nothing. Any ideas? Or should is there another fair mpg beater you recomend? Thanks, Scott

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Maybe you should wait until after Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift comes out. I'm sure prices will drop them. Either that or look into an S13. GL.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
club4ag.com

Good luck finding one. I bought mine for $800, put about $500 into it and sold it 3 mo. later for $2400. I love ricers. :love:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GPTourer said:
Maybe you should wait until after Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift comes out. I'm sure prices will drop them.
:rofl: I thought you were kidding dude. They are seriously making a third one... well I geuss they'll do to the Corolla what they did to the Supra. Make it a god to 13 year olds, oh well.

Haven't seen that site MrJohnTan but I'll check it out. I just want an old, rwd, good mpg car. They seem to fit the bill. Well I geuss I'm fwd bound... CRX it is :rolleyes:

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
GPTourer said:
Maybe you should wait until after Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift comes out. I'm sure prices will drop them. Either that or look into an S13. GL.
No way, that movie is going to make prices soar!

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
!^3 said:
No way, that movie is going to make prices soar!
I know. I was being sarcastic. I think the prices are already inflated now and was just poking fun at the OP for looking past the obvious sources for an insane deal that probably doesn't exist.

·
Registered
976 Posts
move to toronto or vancouver. there's ones for sale there weekly. aside form that, no idea.

these cars are suffering huge skyrockets in prices because of the recent drifting fad, and what some of us like to call the "Initial D" tax. i can't wait to see what happens after the next FnF movie. finding one with decent miles and no rust will run you about $4k CDN right now. for an 84-87, that's a lot of money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thankyou GPTourer for your worthless contribution. Everybody please take time to respect GPTourer and tell him how cool he is! Funny, funny joke...

Attention whores aside, not looking for an insane deal, a $2000 Corolla is far from unreasonable. Just looking for responces like MrJohnTan's, he gave me a new site to check, I did, and now I'm emailing a guy about a corolla.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ToSSr said:
move to toronto or vancouver. there's ones for sale there weekly. aside form that, no idea.

these cars are suffering huge skyrockets in prices because of the recent drifting fad, and what some of us like to call the "Initial D" tax. i can't wait to see what happens after the next FnF movie. finding one with decent miles and no rust will run you about $4k CDN right now. for an 84-87, that's a lot of money.
True, I think I may have to deal with a cheap fwd beater. Maybe an old honda. Thanks man.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
I bought a 91 Accord as a DD and it's been awesome. I've driven the car across multiple states with no problem!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've seen Craigslist, thanks man. It's a bit far from md though, I think it's equivalent to our pennysaver. I check that often. Cool you mentioned the Accord s14roller, I kinda have a soft spot for those late 80s (like 86-89) hatchback accords. I may look into those more closely.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
GPTourer said:
I know. I was being sarcastic. I think the prices are already inflated now and was just poking fun at the OP for looking past the obvious sources for an insane deal that probably doesn't exist.
Haha, gotcha, I should have known. Yeah, the prices on those things are outrageous. My bro bought one way before the craze and it has appreciated in value at least 4x now, INSANE!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts