Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in minnesota and need to find somthing a little higher octane that 91 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What about at the airport?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they said if i pay the $25,000 fine in advance i can buy some. :wtflol:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I've never been to a drag strip that didn't see racegas. In MN you have Brainerd International Raceway Brainerd, MN; Grove Creek Raceway Grove City, MN; Interstate Dragways Glyndon, MN. If you're near the border with other states, check those, too.

If all else fails, order a small drum from VP Racing http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how long would gas keep for. would it start to loose its quality if it is un used for to long?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
grandporschegt said:
how long would gas keep for. would it start to loose its quality if it is un used for to long?
Fuel seems to lose potency EXTREMELY FAST. That's why a lot of people add fuel stabilizer to the gas they use for their lawn mower. Even sitting for a short period of a month can affect it.

However, take what I say with a grain of salt, race gas may be different, I don't know...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am thinking that if i buy the 5 gallon sealed containers maybe it would keep longer?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Keep it sealed, I believe gas is hygroscopic, as in readily takes on and absorbs moisture. In know Alky is REALLY sensitive as it draws in water faster than a spilt glass of water in the middle of the sahara.

But 5 gallons probably won't be sitting around as long as say, someone who bought a 55 gal drum of it, so I don't think you have MUCH to worry about. Just don't let it collect dust or leave it unsealed :)

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
grandporschegt said:

I've had a 55gal drum of c16 for about a year...it's still good...but like someone said before it has to be sealed good....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I bought a 55gal drum of C16. You must seal it tightly after you open it first off, second you have to keep it from sitting on the ground. I sit mine on two 2x4's. You don't want it to condensate from sitting on a cold concrete floor since that will increase the chances of water in the fuel. A drum from VP has been known to last upto 2 yrs or more since they use lined drums and of course keep the seal clean and in good shape :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
would temp effect how long it will last we can see -30 or colder in the winter. also would the fact it is leaded or not make a diffrence?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can i get a 55 gal shiped to me and how much$ ?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's some pretty cold temps but i'm sure if you keep it inside you should be ok. Might want to check with VP for sure though. I get my fuel from a local motorcycle shop. I get a decent price and he orders me a drum when he's restocking. Might want to look there is there is no other place for you.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I just ran some C16 in the car for the first time, nice results. I go to a car shop to purchase it. I only have a 5gal jug though.

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
Lance J said:
What about at the airport?

why would you want gas from the airport? its made for planes, not cars ....it usually has alot more lead in it and has a different burn rate then automotive "race" gas :)

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
You can usually get race gas at motorcycle shops too. Or they can tell you where to get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts