Votes: 38 50.7%
  • My engine wont ever catch on fire

Votes: 13 17.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about all the engine fire incidences with modified mk3's. Now I think I am going to carry a small extinguisher and a small towel to open the hood incase this ever does happen.

I was just wondering how many owners actually carry extinguishers in their car, and also was wondering if this would be alot better carry one with a towl instead of using hood pins...esspecialy since my car would be parked in public places. Maybe this thread will get people to put one in their cars soo less mk3's burn down :bigthumb:

So I made a poll to see what most of you guys are thinking and what you would do. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
i also have one just in case.

·
boosted for life
103 Posts
I dont got one but if mine starts to burn im driving into the lake lol. waters better then fire.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ill probably end up getting one sometime in the future. this past week i saw a guy in a pickup truck park his car that was on fire, and run from it. He had 2nd degree burns on his hands. Truck had no signs of problems either. All the windows blew out car was completly totalled. it was really freaking awesome to watch but then i started thinking what if it was my car.

josh

G

·
A friend of mine with a turbo MR2 hit some road debris and put a hole in his oil pan, dropped all his oil in like 2 min, engine caught fire, and if it wasn't for a littel crome fire extingusher he had, his whole car would have burned to the ground, so i think its a good idea to have one.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Make sure you buy a halotron filled fire extinguisher, because it wont leave a nasty residue all over your engine. They arent cheap(avg price is bout $100.00) but its worth it.

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
hahahaha, its certainly a good idea but id still be trying to keep it discreet......u know only like 10 led's on the bottle and once blinking fire extinguisher sign

·
Registered
357 Posts
I keep meaning to get one but I haven't yet, It will go in my center console or glovebox not in the ricey passanger a-pillar spot ;P

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Maybe I'll get one at some point if my car ever gets a lot more modified than it is... but I'm not planning on one for a while, if ever.`

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Tireburner said:
I dont got one but if mine starts to burn im driving into the lake lol. waters better then fire.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I found that very funny heh.

I am thinking of getting one now, wouldn't want to risk it.

G

·
Yea, as long as you don’t put it on the a-pillar :)

If you do allot of autocross, drifting, quarter mile etc. you should look into a fire system. I know a guy who was at the track, when one of break lines had burst and sprayed brake fluid on his exhaust manifold instantly catching the engine bay on fire. :( At around $300 they are worth it.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
Turkish said:
I keep meaning to get one but I haven't yet, It will go in my center console or glovebox not in the ricey passanger a-pillar spot ;P
I thought the spot to put it was on the passenger side pillar. What's the purpose if no one can see it? :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
definatly get one for the passenger A pillar AND the drivers side too....

that way if youre in an accident you both whack your heads on em.

ive got a marine grade 5lb bottle in my corolla. good for fuel, electrical (almost needed to use it-was leaking PS fluid onto the alternator), and general fires. it was like $10 at home depot. its better than nothing. retarded cheap insurance considering the money invested (spent?) in my car. you can be damn sure ill have one next to my 1jz too.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
Dan you need the chrome one. with flames on it.. filled with water ;)

APC parts own ;)

haha i was just thinking that... MTV better Pimp my Fire Extinguisher.... American Piece of Crap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts