Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NHRA site is too damn busy. What is the fire jacket rating for 9.99-11.5? Can I pass with a 3-2A/1 rating single layer, or do I need to move up to a 3-2A/5 multilayer required for 9.99 and quicker? Also what does the TPP rating stand for? One more, when do I need a harness of which probably won't work with stock '97 seats? It would be nice to make a pass without getting booted for once. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You just need the single layer 3-2A/1 jacket for those ET's.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
You need:
Single Layer (Mylar or Nomex) jacket
4 pt SFI spec 14.3 or above belts
6pt cage (main hoop, rear supports, sidebars)
driveshaft loop
(if you have relocated battery then you need cutoff switch)
SFI Crank Dampener
SFI flexplate or flywheel
SFI Bellhousing OR Transblanket

^those are the bare minimums... tracks tend to change them a little bit

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
Hands On said:
The NHRA site is too damn busy. What is the fire jacket rating for 9.99-11.5? Can I pass with a 3-2A/1 rating single layer, or do I need to move up to a 3-2A/5 multilayer required for 9.99 and quicker? Also what does the TPP rating stand for? One more, when do I need a harness of which probably won't work with stock '97 seats? It would be nice to make a pass without getting booted for once. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
TPP is Thermal Protection Performance “Fire retardant” and I have seen where some guys are getting away with passing the upper straps of their harness through there headrest.

David

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm hoping they don't sweat me too much on the pulley, drive shaft loop, and scatter shield. Harness cannot go thru the head rest on 97-98 year model seats, which i'm sure is a requirement. This is all for a short notice annual import race next week and not major sanctioned event so hopefully they will go easy on me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts