Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I went out with a ton of guys tonight. My buddy just got into town tonight from getting his black and black 94TT 6 spd. We were at the light and took off. I stayed even with him through 1st and 2nd, and then his sequential setup kicked in and he took off in 3rd. I have no hard feelings being taken by my little/bigger brother the 2JZ:)

Also, I must say that I agree with everyone that the 1jz runs EXTREMELY rich!!! HOLY crap. So, to test the richness theory at idle with some revving, we held a lighter up to the exhaust, revved the car and got a HUGE fireball:) I have it on video so i am sure it will make it's way here soon:) I need to lean this thing out a little. I still have a very small oil leak coming from somewhere, but not the turbos or the crank seal. I will spray everything down with brake cleaner again and find it.

trev

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:

... I stayed even with him through 1st and 2nd, and then his parallel setup kicked in and he took off in 3rd. I have no hard feelings being taken by my big brother the 2JZ:)...

trev
If it's in TTC mode, then I understand. If not, it's sequential in stock form. If anything, you might be talking about the 2nd turbo kickin' in.

SupraSpeed-1jz said:
younger brothers yo, lol

[/B]

The 2JZ is the big brother, not the older one. It is the younger brother...

-Joseph

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes correction on the post...i was so tired last night...no worries, i know it was sequential and ours are parallel and yes it is our younger brother/bigger brother :)

Sorry for the misinformation!

Trev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts