Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I got the motor in, I have been experiencing an oil leak and a hydro fan leak. I sprayed the whole undercarriage down with brake cleaner last week and found that the hydro leak was coming from where the return hard line is attached to the hydro fan itself (a flange that is held on by a 12mm head bolt. There is an "O" ring inside that was old) I replaced that with a new "O" ring. The oil leak I found was coming from my brand-newly-installed-before-the-motor-went-in-front main seal. I accidently used just a little motor oil to lube the seal the first time and tried to use the double spring on it as well. This time, I just got another new seal from toyota and just left the single spring on there. I uesd all purpose grease this time to go around the inside and a little on the outside rims of the seal. I put it all back together and started it for about 10 seconds. So far, I have no leaks! (before the change....just letting it run for a little bit (10 seconds) it would leak in both the hydro and the front main areas)).

Now I gotta take it for a drive and hope everything stays sealed.

Total time for everthing: 2 hours

Trev

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i ran the car for 5 minutes and I couldn't see any leaks from the two areas! I used an "O" ring from the stock 380cc injector O ring kit (I have no use for the kit, so I just decided to part it out to other things. I used the smaller thick O ring in the kit. I still have more if anyone needs one.

Trev

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Glad you got it handled Trev. You should have called me and let know goof ball. I'm trying to tinker with stuff right now myself. The car is about to come apart. I think next weekend will be the start date... Who knows.... Ya need to come down here so we can play with all the toys!

- Chris

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HamsMKIII said:
Glad you got it handled Trev. You should have called me and let know goof ball. I'm trying to tinker with stuff right now myself. The car is about to come apart. I think next weekend will be the start date... Who knows.... Ya need to come down here so we can play with all the toys!

- Chris
Chris, I have 3 weeks of vacation that i am planning out now, so hopefully I can make a texas trip! I will call you on sunday so you can hear the car run!! IT IS AWESOME.

Trev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts