Supra Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

iSPOOL
You sound just like a 13 year old that can't get his way so he wants to take his football and go home. It does not matter when I joined a forum, like having a million rants here give you some type of status with me....like I give a crap about that...lol.

I used the Corvette analogy because it is a different engine, but still a Corvette. Doesn't matter if GM built it or another manufacturer....it is a vette. Same as the McLaren F1. It had a BMW engine but you don't hear people call it a fake McClaren. All that matters is that it is a good car. The fact that you piss on the McClaren analogy and say it is irrelevant because of price is idiotic.

Do people call the Lexus LFA a fake Lexus because the engine and exhaust note is Yahmaha? Like collaboration is a bad thing. Guess what, Koenigsegg didn't always build their own engines. That does not mean the first K cars were not Koenigsegg. GM did not build the transmission on the C8...why not? Because it was cheaper to outsource it.

As far as reliability is concerned, you think Toyota doesn't know where BMW stands WRT reliability? They help oversee this new Supra creation to ensure it meets their standard regardless if you or any other nostalgia freak like it or not. YOU will not determine the success of this car just like YOU and those like you didnt help save the old MKIV Supra.

The facts are people who are fans of the previous gens Supras are butt hurt because they didn't get a new 3jz engine....period. Toyota was not going to spend millions if not more to develop another engine like that because as I said, people didn't appreciate it and so they outsourced the project to save RD money. Just like the LFA....too much to develop the damn thing to have it not be appreciated. They have been there and done that and obviously will not go that route again.

So stay in your love matrix with the old Supra. If this new Supra doesn't sell well the Supra will finally be dead and burried. You can then jump up and down to celebrate and say I told you so. Using the word Zupra says it all. You are a child that wants to spend others peoples money for the things YOU want. How about you take up a collection of your MKIV enthusiasts and give it to Toyota so they can make your "REAL" Supra.
I gave you one chance to say something we haven't heard 1000x over and like I thought you failed substantially.
If I sound like a 13 year old then you sound like you have the reasoning and logic of a 2 year old. What in my post makes me sound like a 13 year old? The fact that you don't like it? That I called out your false analogies? Or how your first post had no relation to what I posted?

The Corvette example is 100% wrong, having a different engine isn't the basis of my argument. The A70 had a different engine than the A80, still a Supra. The C6 had a different engine than the C7, still a Corvette. The Skyline BNR34GTR had a different engine than the R35 GTR still a GTR. But like I've mentioned before and someone mentioned above if they put a Ford Coyote engine inside of the C8 Corvette then the merits of that vehicles name can & will be called into question. But in the case of the Zupra its not just the engine, it's literally all BMW with the exception of exterior, wheels, and maybe interior buttons. Its not made in Japan or a Toyota plant so your poor example to the Corvette is fractally wrong.

Transmissions are outsourced all the time, no one here is complaining about that aspect of the car being developed by another company. If you read before you posted you would have saved yourself some embarrasment.

It does matter when you joined because you are simply regurtitating talking points from others that have already discussed and refuted past the point of no return. Tour post count doesn't matter but your wilingness to read does. Your LFA example is just as poor as your McLaren example. How is the LFAs creation in any realm similar to the Supra. Collaboration is not the issue. Passing off this car as the Return of a Toyota legend when its 95% BMW is the problem. The evolution of where this car's development began in 2007 to where it ended up in 2020 is the problem.You don't even know what level of oversight Toyota had in this process. You are spewing talking points you read in articles about the car that we've heard before. You are not up to date on the conversation of this car on this forum.

The fact that you mention we didn't save the MKIV is ironic since this new rendition has only been revived due to the JZA80 and the car community after it's end in 2002.

Side note: Of course I couldn't SAVE the MKIV Supra with my money in 1993, I was 8 years old at the time. But I bought one in 2006 at 21 after I finished my college football career. I would have joined this forum earlier but student athlete life is extremely busy.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Unless you can present evidence for the cost of the BMW partnership vs the cost to develop a new engine on multiple cars then your claim is dismissed. I have already pointed out that we didn't demand a "3jz" for the new supra, we wanted a toyota platform that competed well for the times. The b58 does not compete at the same level as the 2jzgte.

I don't want the car to fail but I will not champion it, most of the Supra community won't and Toyota has desperately tried for our approval. Get educated and talk to some on the OGs on here who kept the Supra name alive and well. There would have been no revival without their efforts over the years.

For someone who comes on this forum and uses terms like butt hurt, calls me a 13 year old, has a severe inability to understand fallacious arguments, it shows more about your character or lack there of than it does about mine.
If I'm a child then you're a poser at the car meet driving their mom's Camry claiming it runs 9s with a 200 shot of NAwws and cries when they aren't accepted.

iSPOOL
Comedy at is finest.. 馃槀馃槀
You have the audacity to come on this forum making your first post coming at me without introducing yourself. No respect I tell you.

Registered
Really....when the Mustang die and needs resuscitation and another manufacturer gives Ford the platform to bring it back and it is all newly designed and gives you great performance who gives a crap!!! If it is not all Ford so what!! As long as it is a great car that should be the only thing that matters.

If Porsche proveded the 911 platform to revive a dead Ford Mustang and the price was affordable I bet you wouldn't complain. Your brand loyalt means nothing if it cannot bring back your little pony....lol
It hasn't been resuscitated, this is BMW doing a "Weekend at Bernie's" with the Supra.

If you wanted a z4 you could just go out and buy one. If you want a "supra" today you just go out and buy the same z4 with a hardtop and try as hard as you can to pretend its otherwise.

If someone wanted a 911 they could go buy one if thats the car they wanted. Same if someone wants to buy a mustang because thats the type of car they want. You dont have this option with a "supra", you have a convertible z4 and a hardtop version, thats it.

iSPOOL
MKV 0 to 60 in 4.1 sec. Tested at 3.8 sec
MKIV 0 to 60 in 5.4 sec...lol

MKV quarter mile time 12.3 sec.
MKIV quarter mile time 13.5 sec...slow!!

MKV technology = Star Trek
MKIV technology = Stone ages. :unsure::poop:

MKV exhust note = Wow
MKIV exhust note = ok

MKV reliability = unproven.
MKIV reliability = legendary (y)

There is nothing the MKIV has over the MKV except reliability and a proven track record to handle a tremendous amount of power and still keep on ticking. Time will tell what the MKV will be able to do on these fronts.

Until then....sit your punk a$$ down!!
Once again you lose more credibility. Comparing numbers (some incorrect) from a car designed in 1991 with an engine designed in 1989 to modern day vehicles.
Same failed arguments repeated over and over. Its like ground hog day.
@CheckElbow this definitely sounds like PerformanceSound.
@FasTTurbo can you start the timer on the ban hammer?

iSPOOL
You must live a boring life. You come here for some type of credibility and status.... I hope you get that here.

If you don't like the numbers I posted and you believe they are wrong then post your own. Regardless of what you post, it will show the MKV is significantly faster in every way.

You said the MKV is not a real Supra. You use the kiddie term Zupra. Yet your Zupra out performs the "real" Supra in every major category like it should.

It is almost 2 seconds faster 0 to 60 and blows the doors off the MKIV in the quarter mile. I guess even if it does 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds and does the quarter mile in 9 seconds at a cost under 60k you would still cry...but it is not a "real" Supra...smdh.

The MKV could have turned the automotive Industry on its head with shock and awe performance yet haters will always hate. You can walk on water and still have haters.

Toyota has the number 1 selling car of all time in the Corolla. They are selling a bunch of cars, so they have no incentive to lose money catering to fanboys like you who want a "special" product but won't support it. I bet you purchased a used Supra....and you think you are the supreme leader on how to build a great sports car.

I have a 2020 Toyota Corolla and yes a 2020 MKV...yes I hated it when I saw the pics online. And was skeptical about reliability due to the BMW connection. Mostly, I was jaded by the FT-1 concept. I also have an Infiniti truck...I purchased my vehicles brand new except for my 1985 300 ZX turbo. Will add a C8 Corvette convertible or might wait for the Zo6. Also had a 2015 RC F.

Fanboys just talk a bunch of smack in these forums about what a car should be and cannot even afford to buy this automate "Supra" yet they want to price it out of reach of those that would actually buy it.

Here is a clue....you were not getting the Supra FT-1 concept for under 60k. Not even 100k. That and your dreams of the new 3jz engine got you speaking in tongue. Just get over your hate and let the damn car performance and track record do the talking.

I will say this....I really liked the RC F and the build quality and material were superb. Yet, I think the Supra is way more fun to drive. That is what it's about. Enjoying driving your car....regardless of who likes it or hate it. If you need a car for status and that means the approval of others.....well enjoy your miserable life.

I like a car that gives me great bang for my bucks and the Supra does that. I was going to get a C7 but wanted to wait for the C8. Went in to Criswel Cheverolet in July. They were closed but the door was open. I asked about putting a deposit on a C8 and the guy said we are closed...you came in before we were able to lock the door. If you were able to put down a deposit you wouldn't get your car until 2021....I said that is crazy. The 2021 models will be out then.

Then I saw the Supra in person and it kept growing on me. I had to eat all the bad things I said about the car. I didn't give it a chance....just like most people hating on it now. I don't give a crap if the car was a Frankenstein, getting parts from 10 different manufacturers as long as it performs and is reliable. That is what counts in the end.

Lastly, I didnt come here to get into a debate. I came here to look for the best exhust system for my Supra and then stumbled on this thread. All this car debate while relaxing on vacation in the DR...lol....smh.
Oh there it is! Use of the word hater and fanboy, on time and expected like a Japanese bullet train. Once again posting the same ole b.s. we've heard over and over from posers like yourself. Quite annoying but expected. You post like a high school girl on a bitch fit making no sense whatsoever. I hope you haven't reproduced because the world would be lesser place if your genes carry on. I've accomplished more by the age of 20 than you could in you're entire life little man. I don't require approval but it seems you do if you found yourself replying to my post and trying to impress us with your cars.

You pointing out the new car has better performance numbers than the MKIV is the largest "well no duh" moment in this thread. Of course it should perform better than its 28 year old predecessor. But does today's version compete with the same level of competition? Not even close, even tuned to 600hp it still falls short to the level of the MKIV in the early 90s.
You posted a 0-60 time that has only been achieved once by Car &Driver, no one else was able to duplicate a 3.8. The time is 4.1. For 2020 that is not quick as 4.6 was in 1993 for MKIV. So both numbers you posted are WRONG.

Quarter mile of 13.1 in 1993 was extremely quick. You posted 13.2 which is WRONG.
The 2020 Zupra in 12.3 is pretty much middle of the pack, not impressive whatsoever.

Same with 70-0 braking: MKIV 149ft to the Zupra 148ft. Pretty pedestrian...

Lateral acceleration is decent but doesn't impress like the MKIV numbers did in 1993. The increase in lateral acceleration is far behind the increase seen in Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, 911, etc the list goes on.

You want to compare technology from 1993 to technology of 2020? Another fallacy but expected from a person like you that lacks the ability to understand proper comparisons. Want to compare cell phones and tv's of the era next? You are sounding more and more foolish with every post. We've covered the long list of vehicles that outperform the Zupra for the same price or less.

Of course I purchased my MKIV Supra used, as I've said I was 8 when it was released in 1993 and 13 when production ceased in 1998. Where did I say I was a supreme leader of building a car? My 500rwhp Supra is quite mild mannered to others on here. And one doesn't need to have a plethora of knowledge to see where this car could have been improved.

I don't care that you claim to walk on water, just show me the evidence. And don't get mad when you get called out on your bs.

Again with the 3jz comment, did you fail reading comprehension? Did you repeat the 4th grade? Go back and try to read what I said on this, sound it out if needed.
Yes a proper JZA80 successor could have been made for $70k, we all were willing to pay that much and more for it. But they wanted to compete with a Cayman so they hacked up the idea of the FT1 and cut corners to create the monstrosity we see today.

I've seen the new one in person, it doesn't look any better at all. The techs, parts manager, and sales workers at my local Toyota all dislike the car. Hell we have Toyota employees on here that can't stand the car because we know its a shadow of what could of been. Yet theres always a sucker out there who will buy it (Go look in the mirror to see said sucker.)

We already know the C8 reservations are closed, known that for months now. I'm waiting until 2022 to get one when they upgrade the infotainment system. The one I priced out is north of $75k. But You know what isn't sold out? The 2020 Zupra, you can still find hundreds of them sitting around unsold. After seeing how much of a disappointment the premier was I bought a second 1998 Supra. I plan to save for a C8 when the hype dies down and other variants are released. Its the only new car thats under $100k that has checked all my boxes.

Don't lie and say you came here to find an exhaust, that's something a girl would do. You were triggered that most here don't care for your hardtop Z4. You're not in the Supra club, you married a transvestite trying to persuade us that it's a real woman. If you like your car then cool, but stay in your lane.
And are you bragging about being in Dominican Republic? Lmao wow man you're truly living the high life traveling ALL the way to the Eastern Caribbean. Are you trying to brag again? Signs of insecurity. Care to compare passport stamps and places we've been next?

iSPOOL
And wow you're up to 7 whole posts! Good job cupcake. Lol Did you find that exhaust system yet? Theres not that many to choose from...
It's obvious you cannot debate this with me. You are ill-prepared. You brought a toy knife to a tank fight.

Administrator
You must live a boring life. You come here for some type of credibility and status.... I hope you get that here.

If you don't like the numbers I posted and you believe they are wrong then post your own. Regardless of what you post, it will show the MKV is significantly faster in every way.

You said the MKV is not a real Supra. You use the kiddie term Zupra. Yet your Zupra out performs the "real" Supra in every major category like it should.

It is almost 2 seconds faster 0 to 60 and blows the doors off the MKIV in the quarter mile. I guess even if it does 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds and does the quarter mile in 9 seconds at a cost under 60k you would still cry...but it is not a "real" Supra...smdh.

The MKV could have turned the automotive Industry on its head with shock and awe performance yet haters will always hate. You can walk on water and still have haters.

Toyota has the number 1 selling car of all time in the Corolla. They are selling a bunch of cars, so they have no incentive to lose money catering to fanboys like you who want a "special" product but won't support it. I bet you purchased a used Supra....and you think you are the supreme leader on how to build a great sports car.

I have a 2020 Toyota Corolla and yes a 2020 MKV...yes I hated it when I saw the pics online. And was skeptical about reliability due to the BMW connection. Mostly, I was jaded by the FT-1 concept. I also have an Infiniti truck...I purchased my vehicles brand new except for my 1985 300 ZX turbo. Will add a C8 Corvette convertible or might wait for the Zo6. Also had a 2015 RC F.

Fanboys just talk a bunch of smack in these forums about what a car should be and cannot even afford to buy this automate "Supra" yet they want to price it out of reach of those that would actually buy it.

Here is a clue....you were not getting the Supra FT-1 concept for under 60k. Not even 100k. That and your dreams of the new 3jz engine got you speaking in tongue. Just get over your hate and let the damn car performance and track record do the talking.

I will say this....I really liked the RC F and the build quality and material were superb. Yet, I think the Supra is way more fun to drive. That is what it's about. Enjoying driving your car....regardless of who likes it or hate it. If you need a car for status and that means the approval of others.....well enjoy your miserable life.

I like a car that gives me great bang for my bucks and the Supra does that. I was going to get a C7 but wanted to wait for the C8. Went in to Criswel Cheverolet in July. They were closed but the door was open. I asked about putting a deposit on a C8 and the guy said we are closed...you came in before we were able to lock the door. If you were able to put down a deposit you wouldn't get your car until 2021....I said that is crazy. The 2021 models will be out then.

Then I saw the Supra in person and it kept growing on me. I had to eat all the bad things I said about the car. I didn't give it a chance....just like most people hating on it now. I don't give a crap if the car was a Frankenstein, getting parts from 10 different manufacturers as long as it performs and is reliable. That is what counts in the end.

Lastly, I didnt come here to get into a debate. I came here to look for the best exhust system for my Supra and then stumbled on this thread. All this car debate while relaxing on vacation in the DR...lol....smh.
You must be a blast at social events. Do you jerk off to your own photo or just imagine yourself while pulling the ole pork sandwich?
I imagine the latter.

Registered
I can't find the original post where that moron is comparing the MKIV to the Z4 but -

"MKV = Star trek and MKIV = stone age"

Actually, if you compare the technology for the times and the strength of competition, the MKIV (and GTR) was lightyears ahead of anything else. It was a spaceship where as the muscle cars of that same era were bicycles.

The tech prowess of the Z4 actually is quite paltry. If you look at today's technology as a whole, the Zupr4 should be able to do my dishes. If you compare it to sports car tech by itself, it still comes up very short. In addition, given that it's nothing more than a Z4, it's technology is that of a Z4..... Nothing impressive about a run of the mill convertible with a B58 whatsoever.

Then if you factor in the amount of time Toyota had to develop this car (better part of 2 decades) all to drop the ball at the 2 minute warning of the second half and sell out to BMW, the Zupr4 should be a serious technological marvel. We can only imagine what kind of giant killer an in-house FT-1 would have been like with 2 decades of development. If the MKIV's giant killing history is any indication, the FT-1 would have been walking million dollar cars for the next 10 years. Instead we got a stud field mouse Z4 that destroys Mustang GTs.

Congratulations, the new fake Supra can charge your phone wirelessly and tell you where to eat dinner tonight while you're looking the tail lights of a MKIV. Amazing. I hope it has some pretty stellar heated seats too so that you can wirelessly dry out the massive puddle your girlfriend leaves in the passenger side after she watches a real Supra ski away from you.

Only teenagers give 2 shits about all of this Apple iCar bullshit. You are exposing yourself.

"2JZ exhaust note - ok, B58 exhaust note - wow"

Lmao you know damn well that you don't think that. Not a single person on Earth thinks that a B58 sounds better than a 2J. Even old ladies who don't know anything about cars can tell you which one sounds more like a race car if asked to listen to audio clips of the two back to back. I guess the fully electric formula cars sound better than the boosted V6 formula cars too right? Shut the hell up millennial.

"0 - 60 and quarter mile times"

The only people who care about factory 0-60 and quarter mile times are old farts who are stuck in the past and 10 year old boys who are just starting to get into cars. All of these YouTube posers are absolutely killing themselves building the shit out of their B58s to scrape up the power numbers that an eBay single turbo MKIV makes on wastegate pressure. It takes nothing more than a flick of the wrist for the 2J to make more power than the B58, so who gives a shit about factory stats?

Talking smack about your Z4 being marginally faster than the MKIV stock vs stock is like bragging about how your 5 year old can beat up on Mike Tyson's newborn. Cool story, your 5 year old is faster and stronger than an infant. Guess what? By the time that newborn is 12 and the other is a senior in high school, Tyson Jr. will eviscerate your kid right in front of his prom date with nothing more than a couple of weekend tips from his pops. Idiot.

iSPOOL
I can't find the original post where that moron is comparing the MKIV to the Z4 but -

"MKV = Star trek and MKIV = stone age"

Actually, if you compare the technology for the times and the strength of competition, the MKIV (and GTR) was lightyears ahead of anything else. It was a spaceship where as the muscle cars of that same era were bicycles.

If you look at today's technology as a whole, the Zupr4 should be able to do my dishes. If you compare it to sports car tech by itself, it still comes up very short. In addition, given that it's nothing more than a Z4, it's technology is that of a Z4..... Nothing impressive about a run of the mill convertible with a B58 whatsoever.

Then if you factor in the amount of time Toyota had to develop this car (better part of 2 decades) all to drop the ball at the 2 minute warning of the second half and sell out to BMW, the Zupr4 should be a serious technological marvel. We can only imagine what kind of giant killer an in-house FT-1 would have been like with 2 decades of development. If the MKIV's giant killing history is any indication, the FT-1 would have been walking million dollar cars for the next 10 years. Instead we got a stud field mouse Z4 that destroys Mustang GTs.

Congratulations, the new fake Supra can charge your phone wirelessly and tell you where to eat dinner tonight while you're looking the tail lights of a MKIV. Amazing. I hope it has some pretty stellar heated seats too so that you can wirelessly dry out the massive puddle your girlfriend leaves in the passenger seat after she watches a real Supra ski away from you.

Only teenagers give 2 shits about all of this Apple iCar bullshit. You are exposing yourself.

"2JZ exhaust note - ok, B58 exhaust note - wow"

Lmao you know damn well that you don't think that. Not a single person on Earth thinks that a B58 sounds better than a 2J. Even old ladies who don't know anything about cars can tell you which one sounds more like a race car if asked to listen to audio clips of the two back to back. I guess the fully electric formula cars sound better than the boosted V6 formula cars too right? Shut the hell up millennial.

"0 - 60 and quarter mile times"

The only people who care about factory 0-60 and quarter mile times are old farts who are stuck in the past and 10 year old boys who are just starting to get into cars. All of these YouTube posers are absolutely killing themselves building the shit out of their B58s to scrape up the power numbers that an eBay single turbo MKIV makes on wastegate pressure. It takes nothing more than a flick of the wrist for the 2J to make more power than the B58, so who gives a shit about factory stats?

Talking smack about your Z4 being marginally faster than the MKIV is like bragging about how your 5 year old can beat up on Mike Tyson's newborn. Cool story, your 5 year old is faster and stronger than an infant. Guess what? By the time that newborn is 12 and the other is a senior in high school, Tyson Jr. will eviscerate your kid right in front of his prom date with nothing more than a couple of weekend tips from his pops. Idiot.

Administrator
he must have triggered the spam filter with that tired story he was telling..

81 - 93 of 93 Posts