Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This saturday i was at the drag competition. This was first time with this new setup, first time on the 275/35R18 BFG Drag Radials.

My results:

12.812 miss shift at 3th gear (3times)
12.435
12.389
12.243

Some video form teh car http://www.mkiv.cz/_video/mimon2005a.avi

You can see SL55AMG (chiptuned) another cars on this run were copy of AC Cobra with 4L supercharged engine from Jaguar (this was the bestial sound), SL600 and another SL55AMG with slicks and chiptuned.

I need to improve my starts, i loose always 1-2cars :rolleyes:

I was runing Boost at 1.5BAR (22PSI) on 100OCT RON (like 96Oct in US) , but my AVC-R still over shoots :dunno: and the result of this at 7th run was this:



I have another problem.
How to run on the 4th gear to the end? I am on the rev limiter on 300m (on 3/4 of the stage) then i always must to shift to 5th and this should be some lost of time again.
How to fix it? Is realy only one way ... AEM ECM ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nolessthan150 said:
what size single are you running, and how much rwhp are you making? also what kind of 60' times were you getting?
I dont know why is forum not showing my signature but i have BL T67Ptrim.
No idea about RWHP .... no Dyno made.
We dont have time at 60' and we dont have the trap speed too, but there was ~200km/h (like ~125mph) on the tacho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
wtf, no 60" and no trap speed? Was it just a guy with a stopwatch timing you guys?

You can get larger diamiter tires to gain more mph without shifting, or you can get a g-force ecu and raise the rev liiter, and of course the AEM will do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
wtf, no 60" and no trap speed? Was it just a guy with a stopwatch timing you guys?

.
No doubt, pretty hard to break down your run without seeing your times and mph. That should tell you if you are just a shitty driver or if your car has issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kean said:
What was the Air Fuel Ratio?
A/F ratio lower than 10:1 (mega rich)
EGT maximum at 890°C ..... 1634°C (before turbine inlet)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ScrewDrvr said:
wtf, no 60" and no trap speed? Was it just a guy with a stopwatch timing you guys?

You can get larger diamiter tires to gain more mph without shifting, or you can get a g-force ecu and raise the rev liiter, and of course the AEM will do it.
Yes yes yes .... without 60" time and trap speed , but still with good stopwatch with optical sensors.

I use larger diameter tires now 275/35R18 is more than 0,5" larger diameter than stock 255/40R17

G-Force ecu for ~1000USD ? thanks now ..... AEM for ~2000USD looks to be cheaper comparing the posibilities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Epic said:
No doubt, pretty hard to break down your run without seeing your times and mph. That should tell you if you are just a shitty driver or if your car has issues.
May be i am shitty driver but i noticed some problems........

My best at absolutly stock engine is 13.32
My best at BPU level is 12.89 (on slicks)
Now at APU on first test 12.243 (on BFG Drag radials)

I have some strange issue. Whan i try to do burnout before drag, something comes hot or i dont what happens, and then is unable to shift gears. You can pull the lever but it felt like spring and you cant get the gear in. If i start with no burnout it is allright :dunno:

I have new clutch EXEDY Twindisk Carbon/Carbon, this should hold this fine, may by wrong synchronizors in transmission?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Veta, do you know what RPM you were running at when the plug blew it's tip? My bet is that you're fully rich at high RPM but that it went massively lean in the area around the stock sequential mapping...your thoughts?

(Also, have you seen www.mkivsupra.net/bbs? It's a bit closer to home and we have the UK based BL distributors there.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alex Holdroyd said:
Veta, do you know what RPM you were running at when the plug blew it's tip? My bet is that you're fully rich at high RPM but that it went massively lean in the area around the stock sequential mapping...your thoughts?

(Also, have you seen www.mkivsupra.net/bbs? It's a bit closer to home and we have the UK based BL distributors there.)
Alex, i dont know what RPM it was. I dont think about leaning out, because i use MAP-ECU that makes its own voltage to remove AFM. My thought is about high presure (AVC-R overshoots up to 25PSI easly) and the detonations may ocurre. So i think this was detonation. But my temperature was not so hi as it should be dangerous. At 300km/h is EGT higher than on the DRAG strip.

nice site
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
If the gas you used was equivelent to 96 octane U.S. then that may explain that spark plug. For starters, you should run higher octane (i.e.C16 )if it is even available over there. Good luck and keep us posted. :)
Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
suprattnsa said:
If the gas you used was equivelent to 96 octane U.S. then that may explain that spark plug. For starters, you should run higher octane (i.e.C16 )if it is even available over there. Good luck and keep us posted. :)
Tony
We use for the fuel names the RON number.
I use SHELL V-Power Racing 100OCT RON and i found on Shell sites that it has 92MON

USnumber = (RON+MON)/2
(100+92)/2 = 96OCT in US# right ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
You should be able to get away with 1.5bar...but it would depend on your intercooling and if you can adjust the timing at all...I'd get some detcans and test with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alex Holdroyd said:
You should be able to get away with 1.5bar...but it would depend on your intercooling and if you can adjust the timing at all...I'd get some detcans and test with them.
It was very could on this saturday, and my Intercooler was very cold after each drag. I cant adjust timing on stock ECU :dunno:

Sorry for my stupidity but what you mean with "detcans" i dont know what is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
The overboosting is dangerous on that kind of octane.

What is yoru gain on the AVC-R? Try turning your gain down on the AVC-R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Det cans are headphones for listening to the engine to hear knock and det happening. This will tell you if you are boosting too high. Which you probably are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kean said:
The overboosting is dangerous on that kind of octane.

What is yoru gain on the AVC-R? Try turning your gain down on the AVC-R.

I was at around 35%DUTY but now it shows only "***" because it has learned its map for desired boost.

Today i replaced the spark, and noticed some strange repeating sound :rolleyes:

Now i want to make compresion test but i am sure my engine has gone! Still very strong but running very roughly at lower RPMs. :confused:

So Kean you have to think about it, and make ready some nice kit of pistons, rods, AEM ECM, may be 264 cams etc....
What do you think about it? Please send me some rebuilt scheme with parts and price.... thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex Holdroyd said:
Det cans are headphones for listening to the engine to hear knock and det happening. This will tell you if you are boosting too high. Which you probably are.
It is really possible to hear knocking at this noise in engine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Yes listening for Det is possible as its different to the other engine noises. But not if you've already blown a piston due to det....Hope you haven't :(

Are you running your AVC-R in learn/auto mode or have you set it to one setting? Jsut wondering as I don't ever trust EBC's to learn...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top