Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made my first dyno run tonight. The guy tuned my car with a 6 fuel meter, so I don't think it is very accurate. I assumed he was going to use a wide band O2. Anyways I ended up making 385hp and 403ft/lb of torque at 17psi. The conditions were pretty miserable with the shop being 94F at over 50% humidity.

Is this good for BPU+FMIC+VPC+GCC? I didn't think it was too bad considering I am running with a catalytic converter in my DP.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good numbers. Did you end up using race gas? With more tuning(wide band 02), another psi boost, and with lower temps you should be well into the 400's.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was just running 94 octane street gas. I was quite disappointed that they didn't have a wide band O2. With all the little tweaks they made to my GCC they didn't get any more horsepower out of the car over the first run on default settings!

I've called around my area quite a bit today and it seems that nobody up here has wideband O2's! Grrrr..

W

·
0 Posts
That's bad. Can you post the graph? Bet you had some nasty timing retard, even with the FMIC, considering the conditions that you were in.

Running "low" octane fuel when you don't have decent intercooler airflow isn't really going to net you good numbers. With your mods, you should be over 400RWHP even with the cat, unless it's a REALLY bad cat.

-Pete

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the actual graph. Is it really bad? Keep in mind that the fuel tuning, (If you could call it that) yielded nothing. They had this 6 gas meter which was a POS for measuring the AFR in the exhaust. What do you think?

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Hoare ]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I wouldn't call it too bad. With 104 I pick 40 to 50 hp at the track. My particular car retards time bad on pump gas. My BPU dyno is linked on my page is anyone wants to take a look.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm beginning to wonder if I have some sort of boost leak. My car doesn't seem to be able to hold boost. When I peak at 1.25kg of boost at around 4500 RPM, it doesn't hold that level for any time at all.

Also on my dyno chart my first turbo seems to drop off before the 2nd one kicks in. Does anyone else have any BPU charts they could share?

I guess I'll have to get a video of my boost guage to see exactly what's going on.

C

·
0 Posts
thats not too bad but id suggest... getting some 100 octane and cranking up the boost to ATLEAST 1.4kg/cm2

boost on stock twins doesnt hold because the little pea shooters...

the dip is the OK... thats the transition of #2 coming online... its normal..

a little more boost and race gas and you should be 400+rwhp... especially with all your mods...

why do people run such low boost on dynos??

-C

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by CMKIV:
<STRONG>thats not too bad but id suggest... getting some 100 octane and cranking up the boost to ATLEAST 1.4kg/cm2

boost on stock twins doesnt hold because the little pea shooters...

the dip is the OK... thats the transition of #2 coming online... its normal..

a little more boost and race gas and you should be 400+rwhp... especially with all your mods...

why do people run such low boost on dynos??

-C</STRONG>
Do you think the torque curve should fall so fast after the #2 has kicked in? I've seen a few others where it doesn't seem to drop so quickly. It seems to curve down much more slowly. As well, should I see gains from getting the GCC+VPC tuned, over their default settings?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a boost leak on my car! The hose on the pressure side of the stock BOV was very loose. I could also see evidence of some oil spray on the side of the BOV. I bought some better mechanical clamps, and now it seems to be holding boost better until redline. I'll definitely have to head back to the dyno for some more runs.

C

·
0 Posts
yes torque drops ALOT right after #2 hits... its normal..

if you get tuned cam gears and tune your vpc+gcc that should help keep the torque up a little more..

what you should really be looking for is to hold 400+rwhp to redline... that and a big torque # means you have a strong running BPU..

BTW go TTC... you will love it!

-C

Z

·
0 Posts
yeh, go TTC and dyno again. once you get use to it, you will love it! its like driving a single turbo supra!

Jonas :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice guys. Gotta give the old TTC a try. I just have to get some check valves to temporarily try it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts