Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a bone stock MKIV and I'm taking it to the dyno to get a baseline. I've got a half hour or five runs so I was hoping to get some input on how i should spend the five runs.

Obviously the first run will be a baseline. Second without airbox? Third in TTC?

Any suggestions are much appreciated...I just want to get my money's worth.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually a group of people are going in for a dyno session in the next couple of weeks at Engineered Performance. I live in Smyrna and I've been meaning to get a base line so I figured this would be a good chance. The rate is $50 for 5 runs or 1/2 hour.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got it! I just got the car a month ago so you haven't had much of a chance to see me around. I've got a 94 that's painted a shade or two darker than Baltic Blue with FL tags. If you ever see me flag me down.

I'm hoping to make it to one of the ATL get togethers. Preliminary date is 2/9.

Any advice on the dyno session?

·
3,463 Posts
Not sure when the next meet is, I think everyone is preparing for Texas :)

I'd let the car cool between runs just so you don't get any heat soak and opt for less dyno's

1) Baseline Dyno
2) Bleeder T + FFCD
3) Take out the airbox

etc. etc. etc.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to skip the bleeder T mod. I've got 150k miles on these turbos so I want to keep them intact until I have the cash to replace them.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Elude,

Wouldn't you crack anything if after driving in from the freeway you stop shut her off to let her cool down and put ice on the pipes/engine, wouldn't the severe change in temps cause any of the engine bay to crack? Or at the very least damage something?

Just wondering I will be going for my first dyno soon.

Enrique M.
97TT 6spd

·
3,463 Posts
You aren't putting liquid nitrogen on the block

kingerm said:
Elude,

Wouldn't you crack anything if after driving in from the freeway you stop shut her off to let her cool down and put ice on the pipes/engine, wouldn't the severe change in temps cause any of the engine bay to crack? Or at the very least damage something?

Just wondering I will be going for my first dyno soon.

Enrique M.
97TT 6spd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts