Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
11,221 Posts
I was actually thinking of getting the knockoff Do Luck front. However I don't wanna get it because the big ass opening will make my small fmic look like a joke.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I dont know about you guys, but I'm scared to buy anything from Ebay.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Here's the thing with E-Bay kits. They're so cheap that your real biggest expense is paint and body work to get it mounted properly. That expense you can't spare... on a cheap or expensive kit. Now for a quality expensive kit you don't have to worry about the damn thing cracking, distorting, not fitting AS MUCH as an EBay kit. Ebay kit you're probably looking at extra money in fitment, paint, and cracking issues later on down the line. Of course I'm not saying that genuine parts won't have these issues as well... but to a lesser degree.

We've all seen the rice burners with the paper thin kits on the highway that flap back and forth in 70mph driving conditions.

G

·
you got a NA man, better spend that money on makeing it fast then looking fast, you might change your mind or find a kit cheaper else were,

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SupraGang said:
you got a NA man, better spend that money on makeing it fast then looking fast, you might change your mind or find a kit cheaper else were,
I agree, I was just curious on what you guys had to say.

·
no search=pejorative
527 Posts
If u get a replica body kit, better be ready to take it to a body show so they could custom fit it. To get it right, its goin to take a lot of cutting and fiberglassing. Oh, and bondo....lots of bondo. lol. Anyways, make the supra fast, not look fast. That was the problem with the past owner of my car.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
We got one of the Blitz knock-offs of of Ebay..... However, we are also doing alot (all) of our own body and paint-work. I plan to fit the front bumper this weekend (Sunday)... we'll see how it goes... Basically the Bomex front bumper we had got destroyed and we needed a cheap, fast replacement. We were able to get this whole kit for almost the cost of a replacement bumper.

Bottom line = $415 shipped to our door and a "quality" kit would be at least 3 times that.

BTW: One of our popular MKIV/Supra suppliers provides this same EXACT knock off for more than $1500.... before shipping (look around and see...it will be supplied by VIS, which has alot of negative feedback already).

Don't be afraid to do your own work... for this price, it'd be stupid to not even try. We already plan to replace it, if it's beyond our skills to make look VERY good.

Just IM me from time-to-time and I'll keep ya posted on if this is realy worth it or not.

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
Find out what its made of first.

Even so, the fitment could be off badly. My body shop who installed my front bumper had a more than hard time installing a bumper I purchased, and you can tell that fitment is slightly off.

Be careful!

·
Registered
308 Posts
From my understanding...the body kits on EBAY..
the layers of materials...on the kits are not enough
they crack easily...
I think its like 4 layers?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
SupraRacing94 said:
From my understanding...the body kits on EBAY..
the layers of materials...on the kits are not enough
they crack easily...
I think its like 4 layers?
The GF tore up the Bomex bumper with a small curb... If it's fiberglass, it will crack, no matter how many layers. I wish these came in ABS or some other hard plastic that can take a beating....

We'll see how long this one lasts ;-)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Got the front bumper on today and did have to drill the holes for the front turn signal bolts and a couple of others.... little filler, some priming, sanding, and painting. Fits okay and still needs "some" adjusting, as well as some wetsanding/polishing. Probably okay enuff for anyone else, but I'm being picky.

Good enuff for now, until we do the rest of the kit and other bodywork. Then it's gonna get some new paint all over....

E

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

*Keep me/us posted Satan*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts