Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· REVTECHRACING.COM
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after the feramic install with cut stock fly and act hd plate i went for a ride and......i need to adjust to this clutch since im used to the smooth engagement of the stock disc. this thing is either in or out .the 500 mile breakin will take a bit of time.it was funny to watch me in the d&d drive thru. anyone have any advice on the breakin time and if now will be the time that something will break now the clutch wont be slippin? it seems like the rear thunks hard now with the feramic clutch and the drive shaft has a thunk sound near the rear, or is it both.

· REVTECHRACING.COM
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the clutch started to chatter a bit last night[122 total miles so far] and this morning it was gone. the sheet says to slip clutch at 6k rpms to remove the glazing that causes chatter. the feramic also seems rough on the driveshaft /rear even with mild engagement. i even see my shifter wobble in first gear if i dont get that clutch pedal out quick enough. its safe to say when i do get on it eventually i will break something now that the clutch wont slip.??? i just noticed on hpf site they state they ran this clutch with no break in period.what happens if you apply full or near full power with no launches[highway pulls] too early?

· REVTECHRACING.COM
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess low boost highway pulls are a no no then.thanks.

· REVTECHRACING.COM
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im at 250 miles so far and they say 300 miles u can apply FULL POWER with no hard launches.then at 500 miles anything goes. so ill do a lil more backstreet driving at normal load..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.