Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty Comfy seats. Pretty quick but not as quick as my JDM Swaped TT Supra. I do like the way that thing handles, very stable and inspires confidence. One thing my NA Suspension does not. Love the linear power curve from the 300's twins, very smooth and almost decievingly quick. It gets alot of looks, but not as much as the Supra. I was pleasantly surprise with this car. Too bad I have to sell it.

What are your thoughts on the 300zx? - those who have driven them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love my 300zx and right now I have two TT in my garage one for the street and the other for show hehe

enjoy it!!

you can PM if you have any questions

·
Registered
20 Posts
AWww did you just get it and now you are selling it, or have you had it??

I love how my Z32 hugged the road. ALmost put my dads C5 to shame :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
only thing i ever dissliked about the car was the super hicas 4 wheel stearing. very annoying in the twisties.

Hammad

·
OT Member
22 Posts
Fun car to drive the mountain twisties.

My big gripe, they have a hard time hooking up off the line, and a PITA to work on. For a car that came out in 1990, it was definitely ahead of it's time.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I love Z32's...

·
Registered
648 Posts
SAKRED said:
i wish people would stop using this term. it is beyond played out.

"he may take me in the straights, but i'll take him in the :hay: twisties :hay:"
you hear that about 18 times a day on your average miata or s2k board. it just gets old.

please stfu about "twisties". that's up there with preggers for annoying factor.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
one time i shot my load right in your mom's twisties :dunno:

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
cds01 said:
i wish people would stop using this term. it is beyond played out.

"he may take me in the straights, but i'll take him in the :hay: twisties :hay:"
you hear that about 18 times a day on your average miata or s2k board. it just gets old.

please stfu about "twisties". that's up there with preggers for annoying factor.
Amen! They like to pretend everyone is racing on a road course, which only about 0.1% ever go on.

Enough of the hijack..back to the 300Z. Nice car.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
i dunno... a lot of certain cars' fun factor comes in the "twisties".

i prefer twisties over straights no matter what :dunno:

maybe id change my mind if i had an mkiv :hay:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I wouldn't discout cars that can handle fairly well. Though I love the straight line acceleration of the Supra, I doubt it'll ever inspire me to drive it to the limits like the M3 does. The 300zx with it's all-wheel-steering (Hicas) has such a great handling characteristic, that it reminds me of the M3. I would have to do some serious Suspension upgrades to get the Supra on that kind of level. Even a True Stock TT Supra probably couldn't hang with a Stock 300zx TT. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
aNskY said:
i prefer twisties over straights no matter what :dunno:

maybe id change my mind if i had an mkiv :hay:

Hahaha what a great quote.

All in all, Z32 TTs are pretty well balanced cars IMHO. I really really miss mine :(

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
The Z32 is very comfortable. It's more of a grand tourer than a racer. It's the car you take on road trips and sunday drives. It is powerful but since it's so hard to work on, it's not on my list for choices when looking for a 'rider.'

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
begone said:
Yeah, I wouldn't discout cars that can handle fairly well. Though I love the straight line acceleration of the Supra, I doubt it'll ever inspire me to drive it to the limits like the M3 does. The 300zx with it's all-wheel-steering (Hicas) has such a great handling characteristic, that it reminds me of the M3. I would have to do some serious Suspension upgrades to get the Supra on that kind of level. Even a True Stock TT Supra probably couldn't hang with a Stock 300zx TT. :dunno:
It's funny how people don't think of the Supra as a good handling car, but it was actually faster on the road course in pratically all of the mag comparisons back in the day. I have one with the MKIV vs 300ZX vs RX-7 vs 3000 GT VR-4, and the Supra was fastest by something like a second as some course in CA, I forget which one, but a second was a big gap on that track. I was most impressed that it beat the RX-7.

The problem with Supras is that people typically run way too much power with single turbos and minimal handling mods, plus Supra guys typically don't have much experience with road racing, but the car handles quite well.

Oh well, the 300ZX should be a fun car to own!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 300zx 2+2. Its not the fastest car ever made, but it has alot of handling mods. Its really well ballanced too. I'll agree the z32's are tough to work on. After working on a z32, I laugh at other engine bays people claim are tought to work on. The car's complex as hell, but thats what makes the car unique. I really like the clean lines and quality put into the z32's.

·
Registered
648 Posts
i think yall missed the point of the "twisties" comment. i was strictly referring to the word and not the act of taking a car through turns. of course that is fun. :) i own a miata, so of course i can't do shit in a straight line, but i enjoy cornering. notice the word i use to describe turning instead of "going on a mountain road in search of the baddest :hay: twisties :hay: on the planet".

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
im interested in driving a TT 300ZX sometime to see how they are

1 - 20 of 51 Posts