Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So as you know im done with my 7m-gte swap, and ive taken my first test drives. All i can say is "OMFG". This is the fastest/best car I have owned. Everything works except the water temp guage and the tach (na tach doesnt work on turbo ignition). I think ive got the canadian version of the supra because my oil pressure reads in "kg-cm squared", but it reads 2 at idle and goes up when revs go up witch seems normal.

I took my sister for a ride and she almost sheet her pants when i gased it 3/4 the way down. On the first drive I was scared to go past idle hehe. Im gonna make another post later with a video and a complete writeup on my swap with all the details. I also am going to grab a new camera in the next week so when i do the writeup u guys can see the car in detail. Heres some pics for now.

·
Crow
964 Posts
i cant wait to go from my lightweight modded NA to a stock turbo, and see if theres any difference...

other than the feeling of boost of course

·
Super Moderator
10,247 Posts
You think it's fast now, wait till you start changing a few things on it. You won't know what happened when you do that :D
lol, isn't that the truth. You will crap yourself the first time you run over 1 bar.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
just be precautionary like alot of mk3 owners by checking ur oil, coolant level etc. and perform proper maintinence and when you are up there on the hp ladder, tune it correctly...you wont have a problem.

you say its fast now..give it a couple weeks and itlle feel super tame. More reason to mod, tho

Glad youre enjoying yourself...now about that paint job....:D

C

·
0 Posts
is that an mkiv tanabe exhaust you got there? if so, sweet. im looking to do the same. did you just get the bolt on instead of the whole catback. not even sure if they do that. and yea man i remember the first time i drove my supra, i had just sold my integra with a crap load of mods on it, but it was still a DOHC non vtec, but i had internals and bolt ons, it was fairly fast but once i got in the supra and got on the upramp to the highway i was laughing because it was so freaking fast. lol now ive kinda just gotten used to the way it feels and i feel like its slow lol. this is my second supra and my first was faily moded but this ones still stock and the difference is night and day

3,796 Posts
Good work man. The bug will bite soon enough and stock will feel super slow.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Glad your enjoyin the turbo. You sound like me when i actually got me turbo workin after finding and fixing my clogged cat and got a new BOV cause of the stock broke BOV. I was like Holy S*** too cause the boost came outta nowhere as i was gettin on a freeway onramp and i gave it more gas to get up to speed. Since then i could just feel the power climbin from 4 to 5 to 6 which is normal boost. Thenabout 8 with intake and cat back.

It's such a different feelin and i think mine might have been a little more dramatic than your first impression cause i think i was performin even under the NA because of the clogged cat. Now i've started modding and don't think i'm gonna look back.

Boost is kinda addicting, huh?:D

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Yeah, I hate it when I drive with stupid people and I gas it a bit and then they think they're going to die so they grab that emergency handle on the a pillar.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to mod the tanabe racing medalion a bit to fit the mkiii just right. SupraSpeedMKIII has it done, and im just fallowing his footsteps. Angled exhaust kick arse.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
yeah, angling is kinda cool and effective to reduce bends. My HKS muffler is angled a bit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts