Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my first kill with my new setup. Raced a friends 240 that put down around 450hp and has since upgraded to around 525hp. He was on his stock ecu that governs him at 120 or 130. He was on 101 octane and I was on 91 pump. I make 650 at 22psi on pump. Anyway to the details.

We started a 60mph and I honked. After the 3rd honk, I let him go for a sec then punched it. As soon as I hit it, I was immediately on his bumper and continued to pull hard. Had him by over a car when we shut it down close to the top of 4th gear. As soon as the video is edited, I will post it up.

·
900hp in progress...
415 Posts
not doubting your story, but no way in hell your friend is on stock ECU. If hes makin 525hp, he definately has upgraded injectors and everything else. A stock ECU wouldn't support injectors big enough to hit 525hp. That would be like running a T88 with 1" intake pipe and a 2" exhaust...

what kinda turbo you runnin in that bad boy?

·
Banned
475 Posts
Gino Z32 said:
not doubting your story, but no way in hell your friend is on stock ECU. If hes makin 525hp, he definately has upgraded injectors and everything else. A stock ECU wouldn't support injectors big enough to hit 525hp. That would be like running a T88 with 1" intake pipe and a 2" exhaust...

I will have to agree with you. :bigthumb:

Good kill

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just going by what he said. He said he had the stock ecu in the car and it was reprogrammed but had a plug-and-play on the way. He did have a dyno graph of ~450hp and stated that he has upgraded since then and was expecting around 525-550hp.

I'm running a t88h.

·
Registered
396 Posts
elite racing said:
Talked to him today. It's actually a ka. I was wrong.

Not bad for a KA at 525HP, actually thats pretty amazing. Low revving, high torque monster.

But he should know better than to try at 3rd gear, thing runs out of breathing room pretty quickly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya he raced a modded evo from a dig before we ran. He took off normal due to the above comment, and the evo had around 8 cars on him. He then sucked him up to lose by a bumper. He was spinning like crazy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
putting weights into his car is dumb... spending a few more dollars and running drag radials is much smarter..... and not to mention a slightly softer suspension setup in the rear if he has changed out his stock suspension.

·
im the BOSS
30 Posts
Gino Z32 said:

He possibly could have had the ECU re-flashed. I have some friends here putting in a GT35R into a 240 (with an SR swap though) and they have 1000cc injectors (His grandma pays for all his toys so money isnt an issue... ) and all this crap. He said there gonna tune it for 500/600rwhp roughly right now, so it will be the stock ECU just re-flashed for specific MAP/AFR numbers. But then again that does mean he will be getting a MAP sensor and all that jazz.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts