Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 'problem' is a bit specific here...

Bought the car with plenty of mods: nothing forced induction related is stock at all. If the previous owner had been able to keep it, the next mods would be fuel mods (walboro, 550ccs, AFM, etc.)

The problem though is...I dont know how much boost I can safely run. A boost gauge came with the car, I just need to install it, but with an external wastegate and different turbo altogether ("bored out T4), I'm pretty clueless. If this was just about how much boost I could run without injectors and fuel mods, I probably could easily get this answered with a search, but IIRC people usually maxed their boost on the CT-26 a bit over 1 bar, only because the CT-26 couldnt handle anymore efficiently.

The turbo I have, however, is a Rajay turbo. I looked into it, and it was actually used on aircraft like Pipers as early as in the 60's, and have a strong history of being impossible to break. They are equally as hard to find any info about them it seems, as before getting this car I had never even heard of Rajay. The closest looking turbo I could find was one on eBay, also a Rajay T4-E, except it boasted an A/R of 1.3. Thus, I'm not worried about boost related issues with my turbo and I doubt I will be any time soon.

Since I have a GReddy Profec B EBC and stock fuel (except for a HKS FCD :rolleyes: ) I'm not sure, again, how much boost would be safe, and also dont know how much boost I'd be running at all! If I could get ANY extra info on anything above mentioned, I'd be quite thankfull!

So does anyone know an estimate of how many notches on the controller = to how much PSI?

Pics are always good. If you've read this far, then you most definetly deserve to have some eye candy!

Click here for a bigger pic of the compressor

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Just get the 550s asap, no need to ride the limit of stock fuel.

Others have run 10-12 on stock fuel safely, and I ran 18 on 550s with a 60 trim.

Also, buy a wideband and it will tell you exactly how much room to have.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about it...but I think I'd rather just get 550s, Lexus AFM/ GM MAF and get it dynoed, no more engine mods

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
ive heard of rajay before, im not sure where btw, and yeah just get the 550's and lexus afmbefore you start getting near fuel cut. 10-12psi is safe, i think fuel cut is 15 isnt it?

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
adam pecush said:
i've always wondered about using chemical hose for ic piping...now i see somebody has! nice!
i got one for my botton intercooler pipe turbo to first bend! :lol: works well IMO alot stronger then stock rubber pipe!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
looks like a long piece of black silicone hose to me
nah, that stuff is far stronger than silicone hose. That stuff is essentially larger diameter compressor hose, with a burst strength on the order of ~2000 psi. Its damn expensive too!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
adam pecush said:
nah, that stuff is far stronger than silicone hose. That stuff is essentially larger diameter compressor hose, with a burst strength on the order of ~2000 psi. Its damn expensive too!
yeah looks like nitrile and its not all that expensive. ~$10/ft

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Change that Intake system. K&N or Apexi is best n popular. Runs about 100 to 150 the most i believe.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah, pretty cool eh? ;)

I know I need to change the intake filter. Not worried about that ATM though, however eventually I'd like to get an Apex'i one. Right now, after I get new spark plugs, wires, new oil and filter (Mobil 1 or Royal Purple ONLY), maybe Seafoam, but my next mod will be light rims and grippy tires

EDIT: just looked at the exhaust, and its not mandrel bent I dont think (crush bent) but I dont have stock turbo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts