Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go ahead and start moding my stock supra. I read on MKIV.com that the Apex'i is the best. Is this still true? How much is it? What are the benefits of an Apex'i over a $60 K&N? Also, any installation advice would be helpful. I'm basically going to use the pictures off of MKIV.com.

·
0 Posts
I would go with a different first mod like a downpipe with a BCC/FCD. You wont see too much gain with an intake. Then do some of the free mods to crank up the boost.

P

·
0 Posts
Go with a K&N, theres no point in spending anymore money on a damn air filter, you probably wont even pick up a whole horsepower...

But im selling an Apexi Intake thats never been used for $65 all you have to do is pay for shipping....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1/4mile in style said:
I would go with a different first mod like a downpipe with a BCC/FCD. You wont see too much gain with an intake. Then do some of the free mods to crank up the boost.

i originally decided to do the airfilter first because it didn't look too tough, people recommended it, and i'm sure it's legal.

tell me if i'm wrong...but isn't the downpipe illegal in cali? not that i'm a tree hugger, but i'd hate to pay an additional fine when i get first speeding ticket. also, wouldn't you have to remove it for smog checks? how big of a pain is that?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If you want intake get a [email protected] drop in leave the cover off and do the $5.oo cold air intake mod I posted about.
DP and BCC and boost controller are where you power gains will be.
Jeff

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
go with Blitz

I personally use the Blitz SUS intake, which import tuner dyno tested on a stock Supra. The Dyno numbers increased by 20rwhp, and it was done on a cold run and a hot run so it's legit. Regardless of what some people think I did feel a power increase w/ my blitz filter.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I felt a slight power increase with my K&N drop in with the lid off. I refuse to pay $250 for a paper cone. I will eventually buy a K&N universal cone for maybe $65 and rig a cold-air box or route it by the turn signal.

Even if you gained 10-15 HP, you may not feel that much on an already 320-350 HP stock engine! But the throttle response is better, and you can hear the turbos/whooshing air intake sound alot better! :beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts