Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1998 tt supra and was trying to figure out what the first mod i should make to the car should be? I was thinking a boost controller cause i've heard these make a big difference. Any advise?

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
Well I don't think in terms as first mod, but your first mods should be to go BPU with Boost controller, boost cut controller, intake, exhaust, and downppipe. However, anyone of those could go as a first mod..

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
greddy bcc
rmm down pipe
odbII black box generic
exaust.. all depends on what you like
boost controler
1.hks ez
2.greddy profect b
3.blitz sbcid or dsbc

intake just get the k&n drop in filter
if not get anyone you like

its all here

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Buy a turbo kit FIRST! Don't waste your cash on trying to BPU a SUPRA. Most turbo kits will have everything you need minus say a boost controller and an exhaust. Use the most out of your hard earned cash. If I had to do it all over I'd buy the turbo kit first and then worry about the little bullshit items. Take it from someone who spent to much the first time...don't make the same mistake I made.

S

·
0 Posts
Good point brittany you dont want to end up with a recked supra
jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mervinnn said:
I can't believe nobody said "go to www.mkiv.com and read more" yet!
I've read a lot there just wondering everyones opinion on which is the best brands and which on the bpu is best to do first. Thanks for everyones help. I also have an S2000 which is MUCH harder to control but feels much more solid and has about the same power. I've been driving it for over a year so i'm looking at the pupra being stronger. Thanks for your advise but only way to learn to handle the speed is to have it. Thanks all!

·
Registered
255 Posts
s2000kid said:

I also have an S2000 which is MUCH harder to control but feels much more solid and has about the same power.

What do you have done to that car that is has the same power as a Supra?

P

·
0 Posts
hey s2000kid, I thought thats your dads Supra...thats why your still driving the s2000...

U going to bring it out or what?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
VETKILR said:
Buy a turbo kit FIRST! Don't waste your cash on trying to BPU a SUPRA. Most turbo kits will have everything you need minus say a boost controller and an exhaust. Use the most out of your hard earned cash. If I had to do it all over I'd buy the turbo kit first and then worry about the little bullshit items. Take it from someone who spent to much the first time...don't make the same mistake I made.
I 100% agree with this. If you don't feel ready for that much power, you can run lower boost.

Honestly, what would you rather have, a BPU car, maybe with rims and a FMIC, or a 500rwhp single? The car will be more reliable (provided you make sure you are over doing the stock fuel sys) and much faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts